PDA

View Full Version : not exactly white, but not bad for a beginning!

grunau_baby
March 8th, 2009, 01:10
after installing SceneryTech landclass for europe I finally get rocky cliffs at Dover.

Not the real deal, but better than those green default cliffs. I never new they had trees and houses on the Dover beach though:d

Alex

harleyman
March 8th, 2009, 04:13
:applause:Nice Shot...

Looking better I'de say ...

IanP
March 8th, 2009, 04:17
Yes. There's a distinct gap between the shoreline and the cliffs at Dover - there has been in everything I've seen so far.

By far the best cliffs I've seen have been the ones that CoBoy did for his Normandy series in FS9. They're modelled and look phenomenal. It's a pity he left the FS development world.

grunau_baby
March 8th, 2009, 04:22
By far the best cliffs I've seen have been the ones that CoBoy did for his Normandy series in FS9. They're modelled and look phenomenal. It's a pity he left the FS development world.Donīt forget AS Helgoland. Iīve always wanted to have the CoBoy quality cliffs for Dover, a pitty they are not in sight yet. I think even default MS could have payed more attention to this famous spot!

Alex

davebelsey
March 8th, 2009, 06:14
I finally get rocky cliffs at Dover

... but nothing like the real thing :icon_lol:

http://photos.classicbritishfiles.com/hosted/images/ndytnedwhiy20yygzem4.jpg

Dave.

grunau_baby
March 8th, 2009, 07:14
Yeah, but then the houses are a bit flatish, ainīt they?;) Otherwise thatīs it!

Alex

davebelsey
March 8th, 2009, 07:33
but then the houses are a bit flatish

They are flattish, I have to agree, but just how tall should they look from 1200' ?

Dave.

harleyman
March 8th, 2009, 08:12
They are flattish, I have to agree, but just how tall should they look from 1200' ?

Dave.

1/2 inch........LOL Compared to their Photo scenery of 1/8 LOL

But I got some too.....:applause:

spotlope
March 8th, 2009, 08:28
Ah, the strangely cyan-tinged cliffs of Dover. :ernae:

davebelsey
March 8th, 2009, 09:40
You expected white? LOL.

Dave.