PDA

View Full Version : UFO's and FSX Chrome

Lionheart
March 7th, 2009, 13:04
Hey guys,

I was watching Star Trek TNG last night, and thought I would doodle up a ship while watching TV.

This is a little thing called a SKiF. (I dont know what that Acronym means yet).

I used some dummy mesh people 'in' the object when making it, so its sure to fit 4 people in there nicely. As you can see, its fuselage zone is larger then a Maule, so it shouldnt be a problem for humans. (Probably could be a cargo hauler or big biz jet for little grays? heh).

Amazing how FSX renders Chrome and Plexi.. Absolutely amazing..

EDIT: I should add that I made this with something I have been experimenting alot with lately, where I create a super simple object structure (so simple it would make your eyes water) and then I have a Mesh Smooth added that I turn on and off as I am stretching and pulling the base object, getting it to conform to what I want it to look like in MeshSmooth mode. In Mesh Smooth, I flip through Iteration settings and also the types of Smoothers, (there are 3). This one is 2 Iteration levels. I did the same thing with that 4 seater aircraft I recently started.

Bill

N2056
March 7th, 2009, 13:07
Hey! That looks really cool :woot:

stiz
March 7th, 2009, 13:10
would hate to clean it though!! :d

Lionheart
March 7th, 2009, 13:12
would hate to clean it though!! :d

Oh man...! Never thought of that.. Imagine having dirty towels after cleaning it, all the streaks...

:faint:

kilo delta
March 7th, 2009, 13:14
Reminds me of the ship from Flight of the Navigator :) :applause:

XnB7rIL2fy8

Dangerous Beans
March 7th, 2009, 13:28
Reminds me of the ship from Flight of the Navigator :) :applause:

XnB7rIL2fy8

Exactly what I though as soon as I saw it.

kilo delta
March 7th, 2009, 13:38
You do realise we are showing our age now, DB :gossip: :focus: :)

Lionheart
March 7th, 2009, 13:44
Man.. That was pretty long ago, lol....

Good movie for designers. The ship was wild, like the morphing shape and how the steps would drip down into sharp looking step blocks. The rest was a bit goofy (for me anyways...) One of those that you watch with the volume muted.

Bill

OleBoy
March 7th, 2009, 14:22
I got a flash of the movie "War of the Worlds"

Weird, but looks awesome!!:ernae:

Brian_Gladden
March 7th, 2009, 14:39
I actually dug out FSDS a month or so again and did something totally Sci Fi.

Besides Flight Sim, my other hobby is writing sci-fi fan fiction in the Firefly/Serenity universe.

One of the ships I came up with for my story, I decided to "make real" in FS.

It's a patrol cutter about twice the size of a Firefly.

I threw the model together in a couple of afternoons (I'm really rusty) and the textures came from an old FS 2002 model of Serenity that I found at flightsim.com

I used the flight dynamics from N332DW's Millennium Falcon model (just to get it flying)

Anyway, Here's the Heracles... and the last shot is the lady herself, Serenity.

Brian

Lionheart
March 7th, 2009, 16:16
Hey Brian,

Nice Cutter man! Looks great.

Will you be launching it in the near future?

I love that Firefly model. I had done some flight tuning on it a while back, and added the FSX UFO effect to the engine. A nice finishing touch. :d

Bill

harleyman
March 7th, 2009, 18:19
We have wild men here...

I love the ship Brian......And the teardrop craft too Bill very cool indeed.....:applause:

Brian_Gladden
March 7th, 2009, 19:49
Hey Brian,

Nice Cutter man! Looks great.

Will you be launching it in the near future?

I love that Firefly model. I had done some flight tuning on it a while back, and added the FSX UFO effect to the engine. A nice finishing touch. :d

Bill

I've been thinking about trying to use the Jupiter 2 flight dynamics and Rob's VTOL Gauge for it on the ole Firefly. I just need to assemble all the parts and give it a shot.

Brian

Marlin
March 7th, 2009, 22:09
Wow Bill, VERY VERY COOL :ernae:

jmig
March 8th, 2009, 06:07
Hey Bill, You think you could make me a red one? Cool looking!

:costumes:

noddy
March 8th, 2009, 07:36
I actually dug out FSDS a month or so again and did something totally Sci Fi.

Besides Flight Sim, my other hobby is writing sci-fi fan fiction in the Firefly/Serenity universe.

One of the ships I came up with for my story, I decided to "make real" in FS.

It's a patrol cutter about twice the size of a Firefly.

I threw the model together in a couple of afternoons (I'm really rusty) and the textures came from an old FS 2002 model of Serenity that I found at flightsim.com

I used the flight dynamics from N332DW's Millennium Falcon model (just to get it flying)

Anyway, Here's the Heracles... and the last shot is the lady herself, Serenity.

Brian

Shiny

N332DW
March 8th, 2009, 13:40
i'm glad to see there are other sci-fi friendlies here , i was beginning to think i was surronded bu prop heads and tubeliner jocks ... i'll take a one of them cutters please :focus:

Brian_Gladden
March 8th, 2009, 17:36
I think we need Rob Barendregt to help us out by making a "Generic" Sci-Fi VTOL gauge for all our Spacecraft. That way we can make them fly like a super sonic 747 (The big stuff anyway) and then once we're under 150 kts, the gauge takes over and we can land em' on a dime.

I have some Ideas for more ship designs from my writing hobby.

And Bruce, if you want a copy (Bill too) Shoot me an PM and with an e-mail address and I'll send you a copy.

Brian