PDA

View Full Version : Check this out

flewpastu
March 7th, 2009, 07:05
I was a little skeptical but tried it and it works.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29685

Bill

Panther_99FS
March 7th, 2009, 08:12
Hmmm,
This could be telling for some folks...

datter
March 7th, 2009, 08:22
I've been following that thread and a couple others on the subject), might give it a shot after I get this OC done. It seems to get the NickN Seal of Approval™ so that's something I guess.

EDIT: More on this over here (http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1236299941)

TeaSea
March 7th, 2009, 08:23
I'd like to try this but I'm too stupid to figure out the patch....

Can any provide more concrete directions as to where this FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar" file is??

I can't seem to bring it up in a search.

datter
March 7th, 2009, 08:25
I'd like to try this but I'm too stupid to figure out the patch....

Can any provide more concrete directions as to where this FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar" file is??

I can't seem to bring it up in a search.

Did you download the package (http://files.filefront.com/FPS+Limiter+02rar/;13233637;/fileinfo.html)?

harleyman
March 7th, 2009, 08:34
I run my FSX locked at 60 and texture_bandwidth_Multiplier set to 90 and I have solid fluid flight all day long...On a E8600

AI at 50

GA at 50

Airport traffic at medium

Road traffic 20

All other traffic at 35

DaveKDEN
March 7th, 2009, 08:44
When I click on the "FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar" file to run it, Winrar wants to unzip it. I have the latest version of JAVA and am following the instructions exactly. How do I get past Winrar?

noddy
March 7th, 2009, 08:45
Can't get mine to work! Got Java etc

stiz
March 7th, 2009, 08:50
to run it - right click on the jar and selected open with, then choose java from the list :)

DaveKDEN
March 7th, 2009, 08:53
to run it - right click on the jar and selected open with, then choose java from the list :)

OK, selected JAVA, but when I run it using JAVA, it opens what looks like a DOS screen with some commands for a split second before it closes. So fast, I can't even read what the screen says.

noddy
March 7th, 2009, 09:13
FSX is not on my main drive, so found the FSX.exe and created the .bat file in the FSX folder, also the FS limter is ther as well.

The .bat folder reads

start D:\"D FSX\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "D:\D FSX\fsx.exe

What I am missing?

datter
March 7th, 2009, 09:18
OK, selected JAVA, but when I run it using JAVA, it opens what looks like a DOS screen with some commands for a split second before it closes. So fast, I can't even read what the screen says.

You aren't trying to run it straight out of the rar file by any chance? Extract it all to a folder, then try it if so.
Make sure your java install is updated (http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp).
Do you have it associated with "Java (TM) Platform SE Binary"... or something similar?

datter
March 7th, 2009, 09:20
FSX is not on my main drive, so found the FSX.exe and created the .bat file in the FSX folder, also the FS limter is ther as well.

The .bat folder reads

start D:\"D FSX\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "D:\D FSX\fsx.exe

What I am missing?

That looks like a weird path to me. I'd try:

start D:\FSX\FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF D:\FSX\fsx.exe
or possibly

start "D:\FSX\FPS_Limiter.exe" /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "D:\FSX\fsx.exe"

Just a guess though.

noddy
March 7th, 2009, 09:26
First path does not work and the second just flashes up then disappears, actually my original path does the same.

harleyman
March 7th, 2009, 09:42
I might try this if my system was running bad...But I'm taking no chances with it running an unseen batch file I can't see or control....Hope it works out for all you ....:gossip:

DaveKDEN
March 7th, 2009, 10:07
You aren't trying to run it straight out of the rar file by any chance? Extract it all to a folder, then try it if so.
Make sure your java install is updated (http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp).
Do you have it associated with "Java (TM) Platform SE Binary"... or something similar?

OK, extracted the FPS_Limiter_GUI.rar file and it's contents are now in a folder called "FPS_Limiter_GUI" within the same folder that contains all the other files (FPS_Limiter_0.2). Ran the FPS_Limiter_GUI.rar using JAVA and have the same problem. It is associated with "Java (TM) Platform SE Binary" and my JAVA install is updated as of this morning.

datter
March 7th, 2009, 11:38
I'm not sure what to say beyond, that's just weird. If I come across a fix though, I'll post it for you.

stiz
March 7th, 2009, 13:08
hmm well that is strange, mines working fine (smooths things out a bit as well :woot:)

heres what my dat file reads

start C:\"Documents and Settings\home\My Documents\Downloads\FPS_Limiter_0.2\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Maybe its worth putting it on the main drive and seeing if that helps?

also a wild wild stab in the dark but i downloaded the one from filefront instead of rapidshare, might be a last ditch effort downloading from one of the other links?

DaveKDEN
March 7th, 2009, 13:18
I'm not sure what to say beyond, that's just weird. If I come across a fix though, I'll post it for you.

Thanks Datter!

GypsyBaron
March 7th, 2009, 22:42
Thanks Datter!

Hi Dave,

I've had problems getting java jar apps to run in the past
even though I have java properly installed.

I did, however, find a way to get them to run properly.
All that is required is a batch file pointing to the jar app.

Here is what I use to start the FPS_limiter jar app:

java -jar "K:\FSX Tools\FPS_Limiter\FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar"
:

The jar and exe files are in my "K:\FSX Tools\FPS_Limiter"
directory.

Just change the path to your path in a text file. Save it as a
.bat file and then run it.
It should open the application that will then let you create
the .bat file(s) configured to run FSX.

I have about 6 'versions' of FSX...each .exe has a different
name ( fsx_test.exe, fsx_propliner.exe, fsx_OZ.exe....)
I succesfully created .bat files to start all of my FSX
'versions' after first running the 'java' batch file
to get the jar app to run.

Give it a try. Also, the 'java' bat file can be anywhere.
I happened to place it in the same directory as all the
FPS_limiter files.

Paul

TeaSea
March 8th, 2009, 06:30
I'm having the same issues as DaveK, so I'll give this a try...

As clarification, are you putting your FPS Limiter files in a sub directory of FSX?

flewpastu
March 8th, 2009, 06:35
Ive got it on hard drive c and FSX is on hard drive d, you just need to make sure the path for FSX is correct

Bill