PDA

View Full Version : Wilco Legacy question!

grunau_baby
March 7th, 2009, 05:28
I am tempted to change my flying habbits as a nice weekend distraction for a hard week.

The Wilco Legacy is on sale for only around 20 Euro so what can I expect about:
1. native FSX or not?
2. FPS (with all the animated stuff)?

Any input appreciated!
Alex

Pepere
March 7th, 2009, 08:58
I have Wilco's E-Jets Series for FSX and the FPS hits was really bad. I replace all the gauges with default gauges in order to get in to a better level.

Also there autopilot system is the pits. I could not figure it out on either my Wilco 737 FS9 jet or their E-Jet autopilot. By replacing all the gauges with default gauges the autopilot work right/normal. The key is you have to replace all there gauges or things work bad because for some reason if you use just one of their gauges the whole system is messed up.

I don't purchase any Wilco's products because of the problems I have with their autopilot and Fps. I got the E-Jet not knowing it was a wilco product. :whistle:

My $.02.

David :kilroy:

lucas81
March 7th, 2009, 09:14
This will be slightly OT, but I would ask another one related to the Wilco products. Do any of you have their ERJ-145? I am interested if it is a native fsx model or not.
As far as I know (a friend of mine has it), the Emb-170/175 is a native bird but without specular and bump maps.
I cannot say anything about Legacy. It would be good to know which Wilco's birds are native and which not.

Lucas

Kiwikat
March 7th, 2009, 09:27
Is any of wilco's stuff FSX native? I guess the Tilt Rotor is, but anything else? I have problems in sp2 with everything of theirs that I have, so they get instantly deleted.

N2056
March 7th, 2009, 10:07
After a little bit of looking around I get the feeling that it is a port...no mention of things like bump mapping in anything I read at several places, and I could not find a pic that had self-shadowing in it.

BOOM
March 7th, 2009, 10:43
I was looking at The Wilco Legacy also,overall I haven't heard to many good things about Wilco products,looking at the screenshots I decided to pass and opted instead for The Cessna Mustang from Flight-1.I'ts priced a bit higher but is a quality product,the VC is a work of art and it comes with a 30 day money back trail so you can't go wrong.

If you can wait awhile[not sure how much longer] Eaglesoft is set to release a Citation X for FSX that looks very solid!! Check it out here
http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/index.htm

Pepere
March 7th, 2009, 11:20
I'm using the Citation X for fs9 in fsx and it's okay. a little hard on fps but smooth and all systems work good. Ya Wilco is the pits for me. I believe the E-Jets are full fsx because they have an interior.mdl in the model.cfg. It's are real beautiful aircraft and the interior is excellent but the gauges hit hard on fps and as i said before the autopilot is for the birds.

I will get the Citation X V2 when it comes out for sure the older Citation X is available for FSX but I'm waiting for #V2.

David

IanP
March 7th, 2009, 12:42
I have the Wilco Tiltrotor, E-Jets, B737s, baby Airbii, the A400M and the ERJ-145 all in and running in SP2 on WinXP Pro. The ERJ and B737s are not FSX native, the Tiltrotor, A400M, Airbii and EJets all are (and yes, I checked the models to confirm this).

I have never had any problem at all with the E-Jets frame rate, and didn't before my PC upgrade either. If you're having problems with them in SP2, chances are you have the FS9 version installed and not the FSX.

I used to love the ERJ-145 in FS9, but never fly it now due to low frame rate because of the port and the VC functionality going missing. In fact the only ones I really use more than once in a blue moon are the E-170/190s.

mjrhealth
March 7th, 2009, 13:11
I have the Legacy, which is a real nice plane to fly, reasonably complictaed and requires a read of the manual and some digging around to fly properly. The only issue wit it is the taxi, landing lights dont work and Feel thee couldnt be bothered fixing it, so it cant be flown at night, well it can you just struggle to see the runway and taxiway, but its great for daytime flying, there was also a darkwindow issue ( sp2 ) but there is a fix on avsim for it.

lucas81
March 7th, 2009, 13:11
Thank you for your clarification, Ian :icon29:

Pepere
March 7th, 2009, 15:15
Ian P.

I have a problem with the autopilot and big hit with fps on the E-170/190. I use GoFlight's MCP advance autopilot. I think that may be the problem although they clam to have a fix it works no different/not good for me.

Love the aircraft though they are well modeled.

David

grunau_baby
March 8th, 2009, 00:48
Since I use reasonably high scenery settings for eyecandy I donīt know if I do need another FPS hit!

So thanks for the input, I guess I will pass on this one, even though I really like the modelling on those wilco birds.

Alex

IanP
March 8th, 2009, 04:14
I think autopilot problems (I have some with the Tiltrotor and their autothrottles really aren't much cop in anything) seem to be so dependent on peoples' systems that I can't really comment on that. My suggestion about maybe not having the FSX version installed was more aimed at Kiwikat's comment that he has problems with everything he has of theirs in SP2.

I was more than slightly surprised when I installed the update for the A400M and the JF box set of the Airbus 318-321 set to discover that they were true FSX aircraft, as I expected them to be "compatibility" patches. They're still far from LDS/PMDG quality, but provided you can live with their limitations such as the aforementioned autothrottles, which are still better than the default ones, then they're not bad at all.

I've done some digging and have found a couple of forum posts saying that the Legacy is definitely a port.

Berlopez
January 26th, 2010, 14:19
Personally I loved the Legacy when I got it and had it installed in SP1,what a beautiful plane and the animations which are only,if you like that sort of thing...
...Then came SP2:gameoff:It affected Legacy lights seriously, No Landing/taxi lights available on the plane. Wilco doesn't seem to want to fix it,despite requests from various members/copy owners at feelThere/supportforum/ emit.com

The BMP file gets corrupted whenSP2 is installed,and one end up with no lights. Funnilly theire CitationX and TiltRotor whcih both came after SP2 do have Landiing and taxi lights, Though the BMP of the lights on the CX isn't completely clear,at least on my system. If anyone ever finds a fix for these I hope they publish theire findings...

Berlopez
January 26th, 2010, 23:02
<!-- / message -->

mjrhealth
January 27th, 2010, 02:44
Wasting your time bumping it, its a model issue, not a bmp one.

Cheers