PDA

View Full Version : FSX Talk

Pepere
March 6th, 2009, 12:15
If anyone can make heads or tails of this:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/thenakedmvp/archive/2009/03/05/so-let-me-ask-a-question-about-flight-simulator.aspx

I can't! :hand:

David :kilroy:

harleyman
March 6th, 2009, 12:26
Whoever that is , he seems to be after M$ to release some sort of a developor tool that would help build onto FSX and keep it alive ...

Other than that...Who Knows...:help:

spotlope
March 6th, 2009, 14:28
It's pretty simple -- he seems to be implying that the ACES team had some development tools that would be helpful for third-party developers now that FSX is done for. The poll was simply to gather support for the idea of releasing said tools "into the wild" as it were. And as I said on that thread, absolutely! Anything we can get our hands on to speed development for FSX is a plus.

Pepere
March 6th, 2009, 15:08
It's pretty simple -- he seems to be implying that the ACES team had some development tools that would be helpful for third-party developers now that FSX is done for. The poll was simply to gather support for the idea of releasing said tools "into the wild" as it were. And as I said on that thread, absolutely! Anything we can get our hands on to speed development for FSX is a plus.

Do ya think they will?

spotlope
March 6th, 2009, 15:20
No clue, David. I guess anything's possible.

N2056
March 6th, 2009, 15:23
I put in a big YES!
There is no such thing as having too many tools! :d

crashaz
March 6th, 2009, 17:49
I would love this idea... the more tools we have the better. Look how long we have kept CFS2 going without internal Aces tools.

However I am pessimistic at whether MS would release the tools... it could jeopardize what whatever future product they have.

Prowler1111
March 6th, 2009, 18:17
Iīm going to say this..just for now, and pretend i never did:
I was a HUGE CFS2 fan, heck, i even (and still do, from time to time) support it, i left CFS2 just because iīm all fed up with WWII based sims (ok, there i said it)BUT:
CFS2 has grown into a very complete sim(despite itīs real limitations) way after MS dumped itīs dead corpse into the sea, no s**t!. a lot of FS8 and some FS9 sceneries has been imported on, not to mention new versions of former FS9 (FS8) aircraft have been made by the comunity and there is even a very clever tweak to get some "working" SAMīs , and no one has given even a HINT of some kind of tool, and you wont find a "cheap" set of discs for sale, not even on Ebay, these days (every CFS2 hard core fan treasures their copy)
So, IMHO, what will happen with FSX and the coming future?from a developer standpoint...thank MS!, we now can explore more stuff without worrying of what will come next and kill current development, and i even know as a fact, that teams are assembling "research and development" depts to get more of the FSX engine, which is an extremelly powerful one..and with almost NO ms help on that matter.Can you imagine what will happen if we could get some of the "insider" tools???....
Best regards
Prowler

jmig
March 7th, 2009, 05:18
Iīm going to say this..just for now, and pretend i never did:
I was a HUGE CFS2 fan, heck, i even (and still do, from time to time) support it, i left CFS2 just because iīm all fed up with WWII based sims (ok, there i said it)BUT:
CFS2 has grown into a very complete sim(despite itīs real limitations) way after MS dumped itīs dead corpse into the sea, no s**t!. a lot of FS8 and some FS9 sceneries has been imported on, not to mention new versions of former FS9 (FS8) aircraft have been made by the comunity and there is even a very clever tweak to get some "working" SAMīs , and no one has given even a HINT of some kind of tool, and you wont find a "cheap" set of discs for sale, not even on Ebay, these days (every CFS2 hard core fan treasures their copy)
So, IMHO, what will happen with FSX and the coming future?from a developer standpoint...thank MS!, we now can explore more stuff without worrying of what will come next and kill current development, and i even know as a fact, that teams are assembling "research and development" depts to get more of the FSX engine, which is an extremelly powerful one..and with almost NO ms help on that matter.Can you imagine what will happen if we could get some of the "insider" tools???....
Best regards
Prowler

I just ordered a set of FSX Gold disks for that very reason. Ten years from now, I will retire by selling them on eBay for the highest bidder. :costumes:

Francois
March 7th, 2009, 07:32
If anyone can make heads or tails of this:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/thenakedmvp/archive/2009/03/05/so-let-me-ask-a-question-about-flight-simulator.aspx

I can't! :hand:

You guys don't know Nick ??????? :monkies: