PDA

View Full Version : Alternative prop textures and dp file for Bismarck13's Tupolev Tu-2!

kelticheart
March 6th, 2009, 08:53
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

I just uploaded updated 3-blade propeller textures for Bismarck13's Tupolev Tu-2bis.

I also included the usual Green Ghost's gauge-controlled exhaust effect and an alternative dp file where I replaced stock weapons with Thicko's VVS-RKKA payloads.

45-36-AN torpedoes, 1,000kg and 500kg FAB bombs can be found in either Thicko's Ilyushin Il-4 or DB-2 bombers, while wing pylons, RS132 long-model rockets and rails can be found in his late-war Ilyushin Il-2 Sturmovik series.

Unfortunately, due to well-known CFS2 limitations, I had to reduce the number of installed rockets from the original dp, being 23 the top number limit of possible hardpoints/payloads in any given aircraft dp file.

Since the rocket launch rails ate up 8 hardpoints, for a moment I thought to take a shortcut and hang the rockets directly to the wings, but then I thought it would have not been the same thing.

Our aim will have to be more accurate, only 8 rockets instead of the original 12....:spider:

For the very same reason I had to hang two 500Kg FAB's to the same bomb bay hardpoint, in order to keep the original total payload of 3.

Enjoy!
KH :ernae:

Maxstuka
March 6th, 2009, 12:51
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

I just uploaded updated 3-blade propeller textures for Bismarck13's Tupolev Tu-2bis.

I also included the usual Green Ghost's gauge-controlled exhaust effect and an alternative dp file where I replaced stock weapons with Thicko's VVS-RKKA payloads.

45-36-AN torpedoes, 1,000kg and 500kg FAB bombs can be found in either Thicko's Ilyushin Il-4 or DB-2 bombers, while wing pylons, RS132 long-model rockets and rails can be found in his late-war Ilyushin Il-2 Sturmovik series.

Unfortunately, due to well-known CFS2 limitations, I had to reduce the number of installed rockets from the original dp, being 23 the top number limit of possible hardpoints/payloads in any given aircraft dp file.

Since the rocket launch rails ate up 8 hardpoints, for a moment I thought to take a shortcut and hang the rockets directly to the wings, but then I thought it would have not been the same thing.

Our aim will have to be more accurate, only 8 rockets instead of the original 12....:spider:

For the very same reason I had to hang two 500Kg FAB's to the same bomb bay hardpoint, in order to keep the original total payload of 3.

Enjoy!
I like but can you make, similar in green but with the red frontal part of the engine.

http://pic.wpalette.com///camms/ar/442/pics/1_3.jpg
This is in corean version, but there are equal skins in WWII period, the only change is the simbol, is a red star in WWII!.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Tu-2_at_the_China_Aviation_Museum.jpg/800px-Tu-2_at_the_China_Aviation_Museum.jpg

kelticheart
March 7th, 2009, 01:58
I like but can you make, similar in green but with the red frontal part of the engine. This is in corean version, but there are equal skins in WWII period, the only change is the simbol, is a red star in WWII!.

Splendid picture, Maxstuka!

When you say "the red frontal part of the engine", are you talking about the propeller spinner?

If so, I am sorry but the blurred propeller texture does not affect the colour of the spinner. It never did in any aircraft I downloaded, including the stock CFS2 models. The blurred propeller disc is a standalone texture which works only when the engine is on and, of course, the propeller spins.

The spinner colour is usually part of the whole skin texture. In the vast majority of downloads I saw, it is included in the fuselage texture file, while in others it can be found in the aircraft parts texture file, like undercarriage, cockpit textures, instrument panel, etc.
I hope this answered your question.

Cheers!

Rami
March 7th, 2009, 06:37
Kelti,

Thank you so very much! :ernae:

Maxstuka
March 7th, 2009, 12:21
Splendid picture, Maxstuka!

When you say "the red frontal part of the engine", are you talking about the propeller spinner?

If so, I am sorry but the blurred propeller texture does not affect the colour of the spinner. It never did in any aircraft I downloaded, including the stock CFS2 models. The blurred propeller disc is a standalone texture which works only when the engine is on and, of course, the propeller spins.

The spinner colour is usually part of the whole skin texture. In the vast majority of downloads I saw, it is included in the fuselage texture file, while in others it can be found in the aircraft parts texture file, like undercarriage, cockpit textures, instrument panel, etc.
I hope this answered your question.

Cheers!
Only the red spinner!, I don.t speak a good inglish!.the propeler is not part of the skin!.
Can you make similar texture but with spinner in red?, is more active than full of green and the convination with red stars!.

kelticheart
March 7th, 2009, 13:40
Only the red spinner!, I don.t speak a good inglish!.the propeler is not part of the skin!.
Can you make similar texture but with spinner in red?, is more active than full of green and the convination with red stars!.

Allright, Maxstuka....there is obviously a language barrier here and unfortunately I do not speak Spanish. :help:

I'll say it again in English and then I'll try in Italian, perhaps some words are similar to Spanish.

I am sorry, but I cannot turn the spinner colour into a different one just by working of the propeller blurred texture "prop.bmp". The propeller transparent, or blurred, texture does not include the spinner. The spinner colour is usually in the fuselage skin or in the aircraft part textures.

In Italiano:

Mi spiace, ma non posso cambiare il colore dell'ogiva dell'elica attraverso la texture dell'elica in movimento "prop.bmp". Il file che dá la trasparenza dell'elica in movimento contiene solo il disco dell'elica senza l'ogiva. Il colore dell'ogiva (spinner) di solito si trova nella texture della fusoliera dell'aereo, oppure nel file che contiene le parti dell'aereo come il pannello strumenti, il carrello, le paratie interne, ecc.

Non esiste aereo in CFS2 che ha anche l'ogiva nella texture del disco dell'elica: quindi non posso dipingere le ogive del Tu-2 in rosso!

Spero di essere stato chiaro ma lo siento mucho Maxstuka, io no hablo Espanol!

Perhaps our good Morton could paint a Tu-2 North Korean skin with red spinners for our friend Maxstuka? Hint, hint, hint......:kiss:

Cheers!

MAULET
March 9th, 2009, 17:19
io parlo un po d'italiano e inglese... poso fare de tratuttore no traditore...

max, escribe lo que quieras y lo traduciré..

Regards for all

Ravenna
March 9th, 2009, 18:35
Looks great Stef. Many thanks! I'll bet that when you started on your "wee mods" you didn't have any idea what a substantial body of work you were beginning.
:ernae:

kelticheart
March 10th, 2009, 02:01
io parlo un po d'italiano e inglese... poso fare de tratuttore no traditore...

max, escribe lo que quieras y lo traduciré..

Regards for all

Grazie mille, Maulet!

E grazie dello scherzo...:costumes: :costumes:

Cheers!

kelticheart
March 10th, 2009, 02:07
Looks great Stef. Many thanks! I'll bet that when you started on your "wee mods" you didn't have any idea what a substantial body of work you were beginning.
:ernae:

You're right Michael!

Not even the substantial fun I was going to have.....:d

Too bad I haven't got nearly as much time as I used to for CFS2, but I can still give something back of all the wonders I received from all SOH friends!

Thank you for your comments! :wavey:

Cheers!