PDA

View Full Version : Surpise..Surprise...only FSX!!!

gera
March 6th, 2009, 06:53
Well FSX never stops with surprises!!!! mine had been behaving very well for the last year or so......until last night!!!!!!!!!......I went over to Russia, of all places, to try a plane in the "snow" and guess what....No Winter graphics!!!!!!!! Winter went to Mars in my PC.....winter has dissapeared!!!!!! what???? where the hell is it??????.........

Can anyone tell me how to get the "Winter" textures in again....please do not ask me how they got lost!!!!!!.............I just turned my PC off--"The day before"....and Pooooof they are not there anymore!!!!!!...thatīs FSX fer Ya!!!!:173go1::173go1:

kilo delta
March 6th, 2009, 07:15
That's global warming for ya! :faint:

Daube
March 6th, 2009, 07:21
My textures are changing too, I still have winter snow here and there, but not pure white heavy snow like it was in the past few weeks. FSX adapts the ground textures depending on the period of the year, and we're entering spring.
Try setting your flight date one month before, and check if you see any snow there :)

gera
March 6th, 2009, 07:29
My textures are changing too, I still have winter snow here and there, but not pure white heavy snow like it was in the past few weeks. FSX adapts the ground textures depending on the period of the year, and we're entering spring.
Try setting your flight date one month before, and check if you see any snow there :)

will try that....otherwise Iīll have to buy some addon...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

GypsyBaron
March 6th, 2009, 08:29
Hummm....I just flew from Teuge, Netherlands to Oulu, Finland
last evening and I had snow and ice all the way, HS.748 at 23K.

That said, a day or two ago as I was testing the Alphasim
T-34 around Mildenhall I believe I noted green fields
everywhere in that area.

Paul

CG_1976
March 6th, 2009, 09:01
Humm, sounds like Fs seasonal transition coming in. I had typical Winter conditions over KBIL two days ago and now i see some spring peeking in. Same in Cuba, and mid Alberta Canada. Checkin Siberia as I type.

JimC1702
March 6th, 2009, 09:42
FSX seems to be about a month ahead, at least here in the northeast US. In reality, we have summer green in September, fall foliage in October, and dead brown in November, but FSX has fall foliage in September, dead brown in October, and snow in November.

Jim

gigabyte
March 6th, 2009, 14:37
I wish the real weather here in Atlantic Canada was running on the same schedule as the FSX calendar, we had another bl00dy storm today, snow then rain then freezing rain... No signs of Global Warming around here...

FLighT01
March 7th, 2009, 04:02
I've noticed things are greening up in my FSX world as well. Just use the calender to jump back in time. I did this a lot in the fall season as it seems way to short in FSX and those fall colors are nice eye candy.

harleyman
March 7th, 2009, 04:54
I dislike FSX Winter unless its displaying biold snow everywhere...To me the terrain colors for winter are ugly...

So I choose summer a lot just for the colors...:friday:

Francois
March 7th, 2009, 07:35
will try that....otherwise Iīll have to buy some addon...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Good idea !! :welcome: