PDA

View Full Version : US/Global economy.....Don't Freak ...Yet

Rocktser2
October 10th, 2008, 16:26
Here is a Simple Chart from Yahoo Finance................showing the Dow Jones Industrial from 1987 to this month (Oct 2008)

We are in one of the biggest (Historical) Sell off's to date. But.......I feel the bottom is near.

The Big Global Players (Who ever they are) have reached the Long Term Growth Zone (See Chart).

Hard Ball Economics..................Sell off.....Drive the price down.......... then buy back. Doesn't have anything to do with presidents or Senators or Governors........other than an attempt to influence public opinion.

Market will come back after campaigns (Elections) or 1st of 2009

If market goes below 7000 .......these Big Players will be hurting themselves ...in order to hurt the average income earner.

Rami
October 10th, 2008, 16:42
I'm not...I have invested soundly and will ride out the bad times. :barf:

Hey, at least oil is down below $78 a barrel, and I saw gas today for less than $2.80 a gallon. :jawdrop: In addition, lower gas prices, if this continues (natural gas is also down by nearly half from its highs in June) will lead to lower food prices and other commodities, and will help to curb inflation and increase discretionary income, which will in turn help our economy.

Allen
October 10th, 2008, 19:34
Hey, at least oil is down below $78 a barrel, and I saw gas today for less than $2.80 a gallon. :jawdrop: In addition, lower gas prices, if this continues (natural gas is also down by nearly half from its highs in June) will lead to lower food prices and other commodities, and will help to curb inflation and increase discretionary income, which will in turn help our economy.

Not so much. Evey company lost money before adding fuel surcharges to the cost of shiping and the going to make every cent back plus more before fuel surcharges go away and there no guarantee in a month that diesel won't go back up so there no hurry to pass the savingsback to us buyers.

Sorry to piss in your Cheerios all.

jmig
October 11th, 2008, 04:39
Not so much. Evey company lost money before adding fuel surcharges to the cost of shiping and the going to make every cent back plus more before fuel surcharges go away and there no guarantee in a month that diesel won't go back up so there no hurry to pass the savingsback to us buyers.

You didn't. I already knew that and have already been pissed at you. (You meaning gas station owners) Even though I would do it too, if I was in your position. :costumes:

cheezyflier
October 11th, 2008, 10:05

i know that what you say is true. in fact i have heard it said by other sources as well. it's much better to hear the truth, than the b.s. we are sometimes fed by the media and politicians.

CG_1976
October 11th, 2008, 11:22
natural gas prices better come down. In NE WI the state has allowed the Electric compony to raise 4 times this year and everyones avg bill is over 250.00 a month and winter avgs are about 400.00 a month. Take into account with the current houseing market and WI's rediculous High Tax rate, im expecting a serous state meltdown.

cheezyflier
October 11th, 2008, 15:43
wow! i couldn't imagine getting through the winter with a heating bill that high!!! that's insane!

Kofschip
October 11th, 2008, 17:07
If I read this chart right, it is at the start of the US presidential campaign sthat the stock market started to go down. Some food for thought. :censored::censored::censored:

Allen
October 11th, 2008, 17:43
You didn't. I already knew that and have already been pissed at you. (You meaning gas station owners) Even though I would do it too, if I was in your position. :costumes:

Most gas station can't sell gas for more that 10 to 20 cent more than the buy it for. Gas station owners are leaving the business when there contracts expire becouse it costing them to own shell's and chevrons' .ext in fees.