PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrg! Help me you people in the graphics biz!!!!

Cazzie
March 6th, 2009, 05:03
:help:

I am at a total loss when it comes to picking or getting the proper Font for a paint! I curse and :banghead: .

This should be a simple Font, but for the life of me, I cannot match it. The numbers are too rounded for Ariel or Helvetica. I am lost. If asny of you know the Font to this Registration No. on this Myers 200, please let me know. never mind the Italic or slant, i can take care of that, I just need to know what Font that is?

Caz

Wozza
March 6th, 2009, 05:18
Hi
It looks like arial black or arial bold to me.
Have a look in you windows/font folder (XP not sure where it is in vista)
double click on the fonts to open them in the default font viewer, go through em until you find one thats close,If your 100% perfectionist get a font editor and make up your own set in a paint program
Cheers
Wozza

Tim-HH
March 6th, 2009, 05:30
Hi Caz,

do you know this site: http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ ?

It's quite helpful if you search a specific font :)

Greetings
Tim

JT8D-9A
March 6th, 2009, 12:47
yehaa :jump::jump:

Cazzie
March 6th, 2009, 13:20
I had my brain up my arse this morning, too tired from two very busy days of labor. I'm work all out now, maybe Pointy will flash you a beta, I still have some alignment and weathering to go.

Thanks to all,
Caz

pointy31
March 6th, 2009, 13:42
I had my brain up my arse this morning, too tired from two very busy days of labor. I'm work all out now, maybe Pointy will flash you a beta, I still have some alignment and weathering to go.

Thanks to all,
Caz

Cazzie, I'm not a flasher...a cross-dresser maybe, but not a flasher...:monkies:

doublecool
March 6th, 2009, 13:57
very nice choice cazzie...

but I'm a little concern about pointy :a1089::faint::costumes:

spotlope
March 6th, 2009, 14:34
It's not Arial, but it's close. Look at the one -- it's decidedly more Helvetica-like. If you can't get your hands on Helvetica, Arial will probably do. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HelveticaSpecimenCH.svg for what I mean.

pointy31
March 6th, 2009, 16:06
Cazzies newest WIP...:ernae:

Cazzie
March 6th, 2009, 17:16
It's not Arial, but it's close. Look at the one -- it's decidedly more Helvetica-like. If you can't get your hands on Helvetica, Arial will probably do. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HelveticaSpecimenCH.svg for what I mean.

Thanks Bill,

I downloaded a slew of TT Helvetica Fonts and installed them, will look. It's almost there, by tomorrow anyhow. Piglet way drunk when he made the paint textures! :costumes: I've had to weave every which way to get everything aligned! :d

Caz

Lionheart
March 6th, 2009, 17:34
I am a font FREAK!!! I love going shopping through the freeware font sights and picking up cool fonts.

There is one called Boeing, all capitals. I dont know if it has numbers though. Reason I say is that it is similar with that same lean angle.

You'll find it Caz. Be patient. You'll be parusing the fonts and suddenly 'bingo' thats it.. !

For me, in Photoshop, I highlight the font, then click on the font window selector, and double click it, and I can scroll through the fonts with the up/down arrows and 'see' the different fonts..

Bill

spotlope
March 6th, 2009, 17:50
This is a much simpler font than Boeing, Bill. It's a variant of Helvetica, possibly condensed, definitely at least semi-bold. You can accomplish the obliqueness in Photoshop if an "italic" (not really, as sans-serif fonts are oblique, not italic) version isn't quite right. Keep at it! I think you'll get it just right.

doublecool
March 7th, 2009, 05:12
Very very nice paint Cazzie :applause: on Piglet's little 200

more screen shots Pointy :jump: lookin good

hinch
March 7th, 2009, 08:45
It's Helvetica, the 1 gives it away (I just spent this week arguing not to use Helvetica because it's the laxiest design choice ever).

Helvetica Neue comes with Vista is availible quite freely on the net. Helvetica the real deal is on Macs and availible from Linotype but it's expensive.

JT8D-9A
March 7th, 2009, 09:19
Thanks Caz, it looks great! :applause:

huub vink
March 7th, 2009, 09:58
Cazzie, I think I arrived a bit too late to really help you, but there are quite some civil fonts at the Simmer's paintshop as well

I think the third from the top meet your requirments quite nicely.

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/dlcat-airlines-fonts-20/

Cheers,
Huub

Cazzie
March 7th, 2009, 16:43
Cazzie, I think I arrived a bit too late to really help you, but there are quite some civil fonts at the Simmer's paintshop as well

I think the third from the top meet your requirments quite nicely.

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/dlcat-airlines-fonts-20/

Cheers,
Huub

Huub, I have every Font SPS has! :d

But Bill hit the nail on the head, I was able to get a Milford Condensed Helvetica and once I applied a faux Bold to it and Free Transformed it, it was right there! Thanks Bill.

Caz

Lionheart
March 7th, 2009, 18:48
Very nice repaint Caz!

Good eye Bill!

Wozza, that is the coolest little puppy on your Avatar. Woots iz name?

Piglet
March 7th, 2009, 18:57
I don't (hic) drink when maaklinn planess0-.
no relly

I don..................

........ uhhhmg;/.........:friday:

spotlope
March 7th, 2009, 20:29
Looks great, Caz! I missed d/loading this one, but I'm off to do it now...

Thankyew too, Piggie.

doublecool
March 8th, 2009, 18:55
Cazzie, spent the little time I had this week end in your new paint for Piglets 2oo, you did a fantastic job on her,,, and thanks Pointy, for I believe suggesting it...:applause:

any hope for a weathered look :kilroy: