PDA

View Full Version : Navlights not working

mjrhealth
March 6th, 2009, 01:59
Dont know why, the default effects dont seem to work, beacon, green, red not there, taxi and landing lights work fine, Checked effects and they are there so dont know why. When I select the nav lights the red and green glow shows on end of wings but the lights do nothing and remain dark, the beacon shows nothing at all, only installed orbx blue and gold and they dontuse those effects so got me beat. Oh the iris f14 lights work fine but they are a differnt effect.

Help

papab
March 6th, 2009, 03:45
Dont know why, the default effects dont seem to work, beacon, green, red not there, taxi and landing lights work fine, Checked effects and they are there so dont know why. When I select the nav lights the red and green glow shows on end of wings but the lights do nothing and remain dark, the beacon shows nothing at all, only installed orbx blue and gold and they dontuse those effects so got me beat. Oh the iris f14 lights work fine but they are a differnt effect.

Help
Did you recently install Acceleration?
As I remember, there were issues with the default AC after installing Acceleration
Open up your .cfg file and scroll down to the LIGHTS section..
See if any of the lights have two"\\" in front of them. This prevents FSX from reading that line...Take the "\\" away and now those lights will work

mjrhealth
March 6th, 2009, 12:05
No have had acceleration instaled for ages, first time i had this issue. And it doesnt only effect the default planes it also effects the Just flight aircraft.

mjrhealth
March 6th, 2009, 14:28
Solved it, seems in installing orbx i lost an effect texture, restored it now working again.