PDA

View Full Version : PW Sceneries Vol 2 - RELEASED! -The Grenadines, St Vincent and Barbados

pwheeler
March 5th, 2009, 05:49
I am pleased to announce the release of the second volume in my series of FREE sceneries for Microsoft Flight Simulator X:

PW SCENERIES VOLUME 2 - THE GRENADINES, ST VINCENT AND BARBADOS

This volume covers the Grenadines (all the small islands immediately north of Grenada), St Vincent and Barbados. It features all-new accurate coastlines, landclass, waterclass, custom land polys, rivers, streams, roads with moving traffic, scenery objects and even wildlife!

There are seven upgraded airports in total in this scenery. All have been upgraded with AI parking and designed to be as close to their real-life counterparts as possible. All major towns have been modelled, including the capitals of Barbados and St Vincent, Bridgetown and Kingstown.

Airports Included in the Scenery:

TGPZ - Lauriston Airport - Carriacou Island

TVSC - Canouan Airport - Canouan Island

TVSB - J.F. Mitchell - Bequia Island

TVSM - Mustique Airport - Mustique Island

TVSU - Union Island Int. - Union Island

TVSV - E.T. Joshua - St. Vincent

TBPB - Grantley Adams Int - Barbados

DOWNLOAD FOR FREE NOW FROM OUR FORUMS (http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum/index.php?board=17.0)

Enjoy :ernae:

gera
March 5th, 2009, 06:02
I am pleased to announce the release of the second volume in my series of FREE sceneries for Microsoft Flight Simulator X:

PW SCENERIES VOLUME 2 - THE GRENADINES, ST VINCENT AND BARBADOS

This volume covers the Grenadines (all the small islands immediately north of Grenada), St Vincent and Barbados. It features all-new accurate coastlines, landclass, waterclass, custom land polys, rivers, streams, roads with moving traffic, scenery objects and even wildlife!

There are seven upgraded airports in total in this scenery. All have been upgraded with AI parking and designed to be as close to their real-life counterparts as possible. All major towns have been modelled, including the capitals of Barbados and St Vincent, Bridgetown and Kingstown.

Airports Included in the Scenery:

TGPZ - Lauriston Airport - Carriacou Island

TVSC - Canouan Airport - Canouan Island

TVSB - J.F. Mitchell - Bequia Island

TVSM - Mustique Airport - Mustique Island

TVSU - Union Island Int. - Union Island

TVSV - E.T. Joshua - St. Vincent

TBPB - Grantley Adams Int - Barbados

DOWNLOAD FOR FREE NOW FROM OUR FORUMS (http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum/index.php?board=17.0)

Enjoy :ernae:

Great....Thanks a lot!!!!:wave:

MCDesigns
March 5th, 2009, 06:33
Cool!! Thanks so much Paul, love flying in this area!

JimC1702
March 5th, 2009, 06:56
Thanks a lot Paul, your work is appreciated.

Jim

Pepere
March 5th, 2009, 07:03
Thank you Paul. :wave:

David

JT8D-9A
March 5th, 2009, 13:58
Many thanks Paul, great work! :applause:

Pepere
March 5th, 2009, 17:50
I was flying around the islands and ran into a invisible wall? Than I tried starting from an airport from that island and it would crash at startup. Anyone else having this problem. I'll get the location next time I'm in FSX.

David :kilroy:

orionll
March 5th, 2009, 18:21
I was flying around the islands and ran into a invisible wall? Than I tried starting from an airport from that island and it would crash at startup. Anyone else having this problem. I'll get the location next time I'm in FSX.

Might want to post at the official support forum: http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum/index.php. I'm just thinking that Paul'll be there sooner :P.

pwheeler
March 5th, 2009, 23:42

Hi David,

Can you give me the exact location of where this happened? I will look into it.

It will be easier for me to respond quickly if you post about this in the support section of our forums:

http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum

Thanks

Paul

Dangerous Beans
March 6th, 2009, 10:23
Paul I have the same problem.

I have vol1 and vol2 installed. First tried starting a flight parked at Lauriston TGPZ and it would register a crash straight away. I then started a flight from Point Salines Intl TGPY and headed north towards Lauriston, about 5 nm out from Lauriston at about 3000 ft I ran into an invisible wall and it registered a crash again.

Pepere
March 6th, 2009, 12:18
Paul I have the same problem.

I have vol1 and vol2 installed. First tried starting a flight parked at Lauriston TGPZ and it would register a crash straight away. I then started a flight from Point Salines Intl TGPY and headed north towards Lauriston, about 5 nm out from Lauriston at about 3000 ft I ran into an invisible wall and it registered a crash again.

That's where I crashed too.

David

JT8D-9A
March 6th, 2009, 12:37
I had the crash detection deactivated:kilroy:
It would be great if Chris' and Paul's sceneries would be compatible to each other.

pwheeler
March 7th, 2009, 10:24
That sounds strange... I will test this tonight.

Can you please tell me a few more things... Are you running default mesh or an addon mesh? Have you tried this with the default scenery to see if it happens with this too?

My sceneries all conform to the FSX SDK so should be compatible with all other SDK compliant sceneries out there.

Paul

Pepere
March 7th, 2009, 11:26
That sounds strange... I will test this tonight.

Can you please tell me a few more things... Are you running default mesh or an addon mesh? Have you tried this with the default scenery to see if it happens with this too?

My sceneries all conform to the FSX SDK so should be compatible with all other SDK compliant sceneries out there.

Paul

I have FS Global X 2008. I think that is the only thing I have that would cover that area. I've not disabled it for that area or can I even do that without uninstalling the whole thing? I won't do that at this point.

David.

David

Dangerous Beans
March 7th, 2009, 12:11
I have the same as Pepere, FS Global X 2008.
I think it is possible to disable it in the scenery library without uninstalling.
I'll give it a try and report back.

pwheeler
March 7th, 2009, 12:32
I haven't included any mesh with my scenery. If its that causing this then it will crash if you turn off the PW Scenery Vol 2 scenery layer and run with the default scenery as well.

pwheeler
March 7th, 2009, 12:43
Ok I can confirm that this is definately and issue with my scenery. It must be one of the scenery library objects causing the problem.

I will attempt to find out what is causing this and issue a fix.

In the mean time you can run with crash detection off which will stop this from happening.

Bear with me - I'm working on it!

Dangerous Beans
March 7th, 2009, 12:52
Just to update after testing.
Tried with ALL other addon scenery disabled with same results
It also happens at and around TVSU but is fine at TVSC

pwheeler
March 7th, 2009, 13:03
Its definately a scenery library object... Now I've just got to pinpont exactly which one.... I should be able to get a fix to you soon.

pwheeler
March 7th, 2009, 13:51
OK fix is issued!

Please download the file attached to this thread and follow the instructions provided:

http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum/index.php?topic=666.0

The issue was with a default FSX suburban signage model. I have now removed this model and all seems to work fine.

I recommend the everyone installs this fix as the offending model was causing a slight memory leak too.

JimC1702
March 7th, 2009, 14:08
I may be thick, but I see no download link anywhere in that post.

Jim

orionll
March 7th, 2009, 14:09
It's attached to the post :).

Dangerous Beans
March 7th, 2009, 14:14
Great news that you found the fix Paul but I cant see the attachment iether.

pwheeler
March 7th, 2009, 14:18
You may have to join the forum to see attachements...

I will have a new installer uploaded soon with the fix in.

pwheeler
March 7th, 2009, 14:29
The main package has now been updated. So simply redownload and reinstall the main package to fix this issue.

Cheers

Paul

Pepere
March 7th, 2009, 15:07
Thanks Paul :wave: Very very nice scenery.

Dangerous Beans
March 7th, 2009, 15:41
Hi Paul
I tried the updated installer but still had the problem so I joined the forum and downloaded the fix and that did the trick.

Very nice scenery, looking forward to the next instalment.

One thing, if you plan any updates to vol 2 is there any chance you could take a chainsaw to that tree on the approach to runway 08 at TVSU :icon_lol:

Pepere
March 7th, 2009, 16:44
Paul you fixed that broken part but still crash at TVSB. It happened upon landing. So I tried starting from that point and "CRASH". So it was not my landing that did the crash :caked:

David :wave:

pwheeler
March 7th, 2009, 18:21
I'll check it out David. May be tomorrow before I can get a fix though as its gone 3am here in the UK!

EDIT - I've narrowed it down to one of eight appartment buildings... but its now 4am so I'm going to finish this off tomorrow. I should have a fix up around lunch time GMT tomorrow.

pwheeler
March 8th, 2009, 03:41
I have now posted a fix for this problem too. It was also causing a crash at TVSV as well. The scenery should now be working 100% with crash detection on.

http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum/index.php?topic=671.0

Again only members can see attachments. We will have an updated main package uploaded as soon as possible.

Can you please let me know if there are any other issues?

Thanks

Paul

Pepere
March 8th, 2009, 08:43
Thanks again Paul! Hell of a nice person, you are :applause::applause::wave:. I like flying around islands. I wish someone would make Japan in photo real. The islands around there are just awesome. Beautiful land all over our blue planet. :rapture:

David