PDA

View Full Version : RAID trouble part deux.......

Scratch
October 10th, 2008, 15:27
I'm trying to install xp on my RAID, but when it comes to the screen to pick what drive to install on I see my IDE drive fine, but the RAID is not recognized. I booted from the CD and hit F6 to load the RAID drivers. Am I forgetting anything?

hey_moe
October 10th, 2008, 16:51
In your BIOS did you select Raid?

Cactuskid
October 10th, 2008, 17:19
Moe is right... You must first set-up your RAID array in BIOS first. When you reboot, BIOS will then detect whether you have a "healthy" RAID array or not. When you load Windows, it will then prompt you to load your RAID drivers from your floppy. Once Windows is loaded, you can then go to system management/disc management and format the drives, assign drive letters and partition the drives if wanted.

Scratch
October 10th, 2008, 17:50
In your BIOS did you select Raid?

Yup.

Scratch
October 11th, 2008, 15:44
Moe is right... You must first set-up your RAID array in BIOS first. When you reboot, BIOS will then detect whether you have a "healthy" RAID array or not. When you load Windows, it will then prompt you to load your RAID drivers from your floppy. Once Windows is loaded, you can then go to system management/disc management and format the drives, assign drive letters and partition the drives if wanted.

Ah.....I forgot the system management part:banghead:

When asked for what type of file system on it which one should I choose, default or NTFS?

Cactuskid
October 11th, 2008, 16:05
ah.....i forgot the system management part:banghead:

When asked for what type of file system on it which one should i choose, default or ntfs?

ntfs

Scratch
October 11th, 2008, 16:50
Thanks fellas:applause: Got it running, now to install tons of stuff from my old drive.
But first I gotta put FSX on so I can play a little:d

txnetcop
October 14th, 2008, 01:43
Hey I missed the party. Scratch, sorry I was in Alabama. Looks like all is under control here. You guys are awesome.
Ted

Scratch
October 14th, 2008, 14:57
Hey I missed the party. Scratch, sorry I was in Alabama. Looks like all is under control here. You guys are awesome.
Ted

Ain't that a fact!

Just like you said Ted, everything is running so smooth on RAID I can hardly believe it. :ernae: