PDA

View Full Version : How do you add new sounds to IL46?

miamieagle
March 4th, 2009, 08:04
I just want to know how do you add new sounds to IL46. I know a way but its not the offical way nor the best way of adding new sound to this program.

Your help will be appreciated.:help:

Nausicaa
March 4th, 2009, 08:31
Sounds to engines etc? I am afraid that is modding and can't be discussed here. Better go to the AAA forums.

miamieagle
March 4th, 2009, 11:55
Nausicaa I"am not about basic sounds egines or gun sounds. I"am taking about music from movies like The Longuest day or Memhis Belle or Tora Tora Tora. It would nice to be able to install them on a mission to be able to have a greater immersion factor while fly them.:help:

redriver6
March 4th, 2009, 13:51
Sounds to engines etc? I am afraid that is modding and can't be discussed here. Better go to the AAA forums.

well i have noticed that the UBI IL2 forum has softened their stance on discussions of mods...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/7441010176

however i still have no idea about adding music to the sim.

miamieagle
March 4th, 2009, 18:55
Thank you!

Nausicaa
March 4th, 2009, 23:55
Ok I understand now. That is very easy to solve:

Go to the Samples folder in your main IL2 directory. In there you'll find 5 other folders: Crash, InFlight, Intro, Menu and Takeoff.

Crash: plays music when crashing airplane (after being shot down f ex)
InFlight: Plays music while flying
Intro: Music for splashscreen
Menu: Music for main menu in game
Takeoff: Plays music when on runway before take off.

I guess its the InFlight, Takeoff and Crash folder that interest you. Just take music (*wav file) and throw them into the folder you wish. In game, in the Sounds and Music menu, enable to play sounds InFlight on Takeoff and during Crash. (you'll find some buttons there )That's it!

Btw: Putting radio chatter *wav files into the InFlight folder will make you hear radiochatter during flight ! This is a very nice option. You can find some radiochatter files to download here on SOH or on other sites, like www.mission4today.com

Enjoy !