PDA

View Full Version : Simtips.com

datter
March 4th, 2009, 06:12
Hi all,

I spent my free time over the past couple of months (on and off) trying to get the absolute most out of both my system and FSX (the triumvirate frame rate/smoothness/visuals). A lot of that time was spent hunting around the various forums/sites/blogs for obscure tweaks and tips regarding FSX and frankly I've often thought it might be good if someone would organize all this stuff into one spot. Each forum/site tends to have a sticky thread or section with their own stuff of course, but it's still a lot of information scattered all over the place. I figured what the hell, and made Simtips.com (http://www.simtips.com) where I'm planning on building a constantly updated library of tweaks and info. Yes, I'm still tweaking.

I'm not a guru with regards to this at all, consider me more of a librarian with the occassional opinion... but I'm hoping this sort of thing will prove useful to new folks getting set up, and anyone looking to get the most out of the sim.

I've just got to the point of going live, so there's only a post or two there now but I hope to update daily and get a nice archive of useful information happening. Just thought I'd share it here first, since I this is my favourite forum and all. If anyone wants to spread the URL around a bit (now, or once the site gets a bit more under it's belt), I'd appreciate it. Also open to opinions, critique and suggestions on layout, content etc etc.

Thanks,
datter

harleyman
March 4th, 2009, 07:30
Hi Datter.....

Thats looking great so far...

Here to I have a link for this site that has many tweaks too..In my first FSX tips..I need to reorganize that place badly..

http://www.highflightsimulations.com/home.html

limjack
March 4th, 2009, 15:58
Librarian datter, looking good so far. I think it will be very usefull for all.

Jim

Pepere
March 4th, 2009, 16:14
Marked for future use!

David :wave:

Slund
March 4th, 2009, 17:59
Nice work Datter, its in my bookmarks and will come in very handy. Thank you kindly :woot:

datter
March 5th, 2009, 11:52
Great, glad to hear it. I hope to fill it out over time so it becomes a one stop shop for this sort of info, both old standby tweaks and new stuff that's discovered as time goes on. A bit sparse now, but it'll get there with daily attention. :)