PDA

View Full Version : Forgot that we can do this

limjack
March 3rd, 2009, 17:02
Just sit and watch the planes from the ATC tower while your at your favorite airport. KSEA in my case with TrafficX doing its thing.
Just had a small thunder shower go through and was heading north to Seatac (KSEA), real life and in the sim it showed up and thundered and rained a bit.

If you want to climb into your atc
1) From main screen of FSX choose Multiplayer
2)tick the Local network(lan) and then sign in button.
no need for password
3)click host a Session
4)Tick- make this private session then hit NEXT
5)Select role, you want ATC and select your location, weather you want and time and season.
6) now you hit Save flight
7)name your saved flight (in my case KSEA)

Now, go to free flight and load option and find KSEA

Load it up, you should be in the tower and you can play with the buttons.

Enjoy

Cazzie
March 3rd, 2009, 17:10
That is just so cool. wish you could do it in a non-multiplayer role.

Caz

MCDesigns
March 3rd, 2009, 17:18
That's pretty cool, always enjoyed watching AI.

I keep wanting to design an office as an aircraft that I can sit at bush airports like PAKT and watch the bush planes, maybe it's time to get it done.

limjack
March 3rd, 2009, 17:27
Here is the Pic of the actual storm that was lighting the skies South of Seattle tonight.

Jim

A little dark, but you can see the egg carton effect on the base of the clouds.

limjack
March 3rd, 2009, 17:36
That is just so cool. wish you could do it in a non-multiplayer role.

Caz

You do have to jump through the hoops to set this up but once you got your ATC location saved you no longer have to go under the multiplayer. It is just a saved flight at that point and click and play whenever you want.

Jim

Lionheart
March 3rd, 2009, 18:28
Very cool LimJack!

Many thanks for the tutorial.. I had always wanted to check it out...

Bill

harleyman
March 3rd, 2009, 18:28
That is way to cool.....

Great shots..Loved the real one I assume outside your house? Good stuff:applause::applause:

JimC1702
March 3rd, 2009, 18:59
That is so cool! Thanks a lot. All the time I've had FSX and I never tried that. Here's a shot from the tower at KBWI:

Jim

limjack
March 3rd, 2009, 19:18
That's pretty cool, always enjoyed watching AI.

I keep wanting to design an office as an aircraft that I can sit at bush airports like PAKT and watch the bush planes, maybe it's time to get it done.

Sounds like a good time to me! I used to go down to PDX all the time and watch the planes land. Had my scanner and favorite spots along marine drive. It was a real treat when the south wind really kicked up and they would open runway 21. You had the planes going right over your head and you could feel the Hot air hitting you from the enjines.

Jim

limjack
March 3rd, 2009, 19:21
That is so cool! Thanks a lot. All the time I've had FSX and I never tried that. Here's a shot from the tower at KBWI:

Jim

On the radar screen you can zoom in and zoom out and play with other goodies as well.

By the way, nice shot.

Another Jim

grunau_baby
March 3rd, 2009, 21:05
Thanks for the tutorial, I allready dismissed the option of towerview, cause I thought it was only able in real multiplayer sessions which I donīt do!:applause:

Alex

abrussell
March 8th, 2009, 16:22
Didn't know you could do this ! Really neat. Attached is Vancouver CYVR rw26R at dusk.
Bruce

limjack
March 9th, 2009, 07:18
Hey abrussell,
isn't it a great time sitting up there in the evening! On another note:
can you stop the cold air from leaking throught the Fraser river canyon. Three days of snow now in Seattle and I am sure you are getting it as well. Its time to mow grass and get the yard ready for summer. Snowing right now as I type for it is another indoor day with fire going (well, good exscuse to play FSX all day anyways).

Jim

abrussell
March 9th, 2009, 09:35
Limjack
It must be the Seattle convergence zone causing your snow. Here in Campbell River the last 3 days have been mainly bright and sunny with no measurable precip.
Bruce

datter
March 9th, 2009, 09:47
This is very cool. By any chance can you control the Ai aircraft as far as being an ATC goes, or are you just an observer? Watching is cool on it's own, but it would be great if you had some minor amount of ATC duties to perform. Likely too much to ask I suppose.

limjack
March 9th, 2009, 12:36
I am afraid you are just an observer. But it is cool to track the planes on the radar and look at the info on each aircraft...altitude, speed and so on.

Jim