PDA

View Full Version : It just isn't cricket.

demorier
March 2nd, 2009, 23:53
Story happening at the moment 6:30pm in eastern Australia. The Sri Lankan cricket team has been shot up by terrorists on the way to the cricket ground in Lahore Pakistan. Two cricketers injured and some other people killed.

Just about every other international cricket team has indefinitely cancelled there tours of Pakistan some time ago, because of this security threat.

DMW_NZ
March 3rd, 2009, 00:15
Yeah, its sad for Pakistan. Don't see them getting a team to tour there again anytime soon.

Panther_99FS
March 3rd, 2009, 05:24
Jeezus.....:frown:

Hurricane
March 3rd, 2009, 05:53
Sounds like 6 of the team were injured as well as the assistant coach. 5 police and 2 civilians were killed, including the match officials driver. The fourth umpire (a local) is critically injured in hospital.
Listening to the reports they were very lucky there were not more casualties.

Obviously the cricket is not the main priority right now but sadly I think this is the end of the road for international cricket in Pakistan for the foreseeable future. Neutral venues are the only realistic way that they can continue. I'm sure they would be able to get a good crowd at headingley and one or two other uk grounds, and possibly in the UAE. Long term the problem is though that if Pakistanis weren't able to go and watch or can only see it on tv they may well end up a bit detached and may not be able to sustain a competitive team.

Lewis-A2A
March 3rd, 2009, 06:40
LoL, party stand at headingly, I can imagine the terrorists getting a right good kicking after the beers flowing, always fun in the party stand :friday: