PDA

View Full Version : GC MTB Torpedo effect failure

BeauBrummie
October 10th, 2008, 13:39
I have just tried the GC MTB/S-boot project boats in the ETOE. They operate better than they did in the old ETO. The tracer is much improved, the spray looks better, and their new home of Felixstowe is awesome. However though the guns work well, the torpedo effects just don't work. Instead of creating a small splash in front and then the torp trail, there is a large splash and that's it. I transplanted the boats as I did with MAW (which worked well indeed). So I'm guessing that there is something missing in the effects file. I've looked into the Project pack's files and there are no particular effects lines or textures. The only weapon reference is to make sure you have the Avhistory Weapons pack installed.

The boat's XML file gives the loadout as:
Loadout Name="(2)LT F5b Torpedo" MissionType="Anti_Ship">
<Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_1" PayloadType="g_torpedo" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_2" PayloadType="g_torpedo" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_1" PayloadType="g_torpedo" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_2" PayloadType="g_torpedo" Quantity="1"/>

This torpedo is in the weapons folder.

However here are some screenies nevertheless

Beau

rbp71854
October 10th, 2008, 14:58
Beau

Your findings concerned me so I went ahead and copied The MTB into my stock eto install, and only the mtb. I am getting a large splash too but the fish track true and with a wake. We'll see if we can get the big splash midship moved to the front.

BeauBrummie
October 10th, 2008, 22:30
Thanks rbp, I'll look mine over again.

Beau

BeauBrummie
October 11th, 2008, 23:59
nope I'm not having any luck. I took out the Vosper and replaced it with the a copy from the MAW boat and the same result. I haven't tweaked the Expansion files or the boats, so I'm at a loss really. At the mo' I have MGB's rather than MTB's:banghead:

Beau