PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy...thought I would finally try.

crashaz
March 2nd, 2009, 22:25
Well seeing since the end of FS as we know it has arrived, figured I better give a shot at building an airplane.

Now I am a scenery designer... usually my ships dont have too many curves.

Whew.. this is going to be interesting. Have not started this primitive since my first ship models.

However just like I started in ships... if you get tired of waiting... then get busy learning how to do it.

In case anyone needs help... it is supposed to be a TBD.LOL!

Man I feel so uh... newbie.:faint:

Snuffy
March 3rd, 2009, 03:31
Good job Crash ...

I'm a mechanical engineer by day though I don't play one on tv ... and I'm using cad all the time all day long. I tried the Gmax thing a while ago and I am apparently too much of a rigid straight line thinker. I couldn't get my head around Gmax ... Go figure.

So I ended up moving mud. :)

Speaking of which, not to change subjects here, but you wouldn't happen to know where I can pick up some bomb store bunkers and maybe some butts embankments?

:focus:

Milton Shupe
March 3rd, 2009, 03:42
Hey crashaz, that is great to hear, and see. :-) And you are sooo right ... if you have time to wait impatiently, you have time to learn. Enjoy and let us know if we can help in any way. I do have gmax examples of most things that I can share if you wish.

crashaz
March 3rd, 2009, 08:03
Thanks guys! Going to enjoy the challenge! Really be glad when I see this mass of poly chunks take form in FSX.... be nice to get to see those prewar colors fly again.

Snuffy... ya got some pics of what you are lookin for? I can probably scratch something up purdy quick!

Snuffy
March 3rd, 2009, 09:35
... Snuffy... ya got some pics of what you are lookin for? I can probably scratch something up purdy quick!

That would be cool!!

You'll have to wait for a bit, I won't be home till after 1800 hours EST, then I need to locate some photos ... It'll be a day or so.

crashaz
March 21st, 2009, 00:02
This is what they call progress lol

Milton Shupe
March 21st, 2009, 04:22
Yes sir it is ... and that is exactly where we all have to start. :woot:

Looks like some nice mesh already. Go forth, create, have fun. ;)

Gramps
March 21st, 2009, 04:55
Lookin good crash :ernae:

hairyspin
March 21st, 2009, 12:57
2:55 am? Time you got some sleep, crashaz: you'll make more progress with a fresh head!

crashaz
March 24th, 2009, 15:39
Got some help from Gramps... had one collecting in his hangar so he gave me his on loan. Converted all the materials and working on all the animations.

JP127
March 24th, 2009, 16:19
Hi James,

Looks great. Can't wait to fly it off one of your carriers.

Jeff