PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fighters need some help!

Isimanica
March 2nd, 2009, 19:32
:help: Ok here is the deal. I finally unwrapped my copy of this game that has been in my closet for the last 6 months. Got bored with CFS2 so thought I would play this. Well couple of problems. First off is that I can't get my planes brakes to work, on take off or attempted landings. :confused: Second seems to be that my gears won't go up or down. Yes I do know that the mapping is for B button = brakes and that G button = gears up and down. So my question is, what is going on? I have installed the most recent patches to it. Mind you this is just the install for PF not the combo (don't own them yet but for 8 bucks a pop I might pick them up at my local half price books). Any help would keep me from losing my mind here. :banghead:

redriver6
March 2nd, 2009, 20:16
what plane are you trying to fly?..if it is the F4F-3, it requires you to raise and lower the gear manually. mine is set up to work with shift-R to raise and shift-L to lower. and you have to continually hit the key over and over until the gear is completely up or down.

as for brakes, i have no idea..B should work.

if you are trying to take off from a carrier you have to map a key to chocks away...i think mine is set up to use ctrl-C...your a/c won't go anywhere on a carrier unless the chocks are released.

miamieagle
March 4th, 2009, 05:13
I recommend for you to Buy IL46. It has everything including the Pacific Fighter addon.Then read the Manual carefully. You can buy it here http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/ilstexse.html or else where.:wavey:

Nausicaa
March 5th, 2009, 00:10
:help: Ok here is the deal. I finally unwrapped my copy of this game that has been in my closet for the last 6 months. Got bored with CFS2 so thought I would play this. Well couple of problems. First off is that I can't get my planes brakes to work, on take off or attempted landings. :confused: Second seems to be that my gears won't go up or down. Yes I do know that the mapping is for B button = brakes and that G button = gears up and down. So my question is, what is going on? I have installed the most recent patches to it. Mind you this is just the install for PF not the combo (don't own them yet but for 8 bucks a pop I might pick them up at my local half price books). Any help would keep me from losing my mind here. :banghead:

Hello, most functions are assigned by default to a key or key combination. You can look this up in the main menu of the game. But attention, all keys are not set up by default, you have to assign a key to them. If I remember well, "chocks" is one of those. When on carrier you have to release chocks. You also want to assign a key to "deploy tailhook". Brakes should be by default on "B", but to be sure look it up in the menu.

twosixalpha
June 24th, 2009, 10:51
Tally ho, if I mite be of service, ya made me dig out ma 2.4g machine an start her up, pulled up the old pacific fighters menu, and went to controls
now this is for PF by itself, now, and assuming that I havent changed anything, (its been a while ), here are the control settings.
wheel brakes = B
gear up/down = G
by default, raise/lower gear manually have to be assigned keys, but don use R
by itself, or you'll loose your cowl and armor flaps key ( key combos r good here ).
air brakes,tail wheel lock,chocks, arresting hook, and open/close canopy will also have to be set by user as well.
hope this helps ya out some
darn now that dug her out and started her up, les see if sakai and nishizawa want ta take a trip,..."hey Boyington, you up here, wanna cum out an play ?"

Anymore Q's lemme know
26A out