PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Sturmovik

Death_Eagle_571
March 2nd, 2009, 17:56
Hey guys, anyone know of an IL-2 Sturmovik in the works? This is my favorite attack aircraft and I'd love to see one modeled with a superb VC the likes of WoP or Mathias's 190...

DennyA
March 2nd, 2009, 20:39
There's this game that's chock full of IL-2 Sturmoviks with superb VCs and awesome flight models... And it's only $9.99 on Steam. :)

Death_Eagle_571
March 2nd, 2009, 22:03
Hehe, thats very true, and I have it, but it just doesnt feel the same as FSX, I just cant really get immersed into it like I can in FSX...

spotlope
March 3rd, 2009, 05:41
Plus, every time I go out for a nice flight in that one, some maniac comes along and starts shooting at me. Talk about bad neighborhoods...

MCDesigns
March 3rd, 2009, 05:46
Plus, every time I go out for a nice flight in that one, some maniac comes along and starts shooting at me. Talk about bad neighborhoods...

You're supposed to shoot back Bill, LOL :tgun2::tgun2:

spotlope
March 3rd, 2009, 06:13
Well that would explain a lot, Michael. You know, I refuse to lower myself to their level like that. :running: :rocket:

To the original question, I thought I saw an IL-2 for FS advertised somewhere recently, but I can't recall where now. I used to have a good time in that big monster back in my IL2 days. It's like a tank with wings; really soaks up a pounding and keeps on flying. I agree, it'd be fun to have one in FSX.

Piglet
March 3rd, 2009, 06:43
There's this game that's chock full of IL-2 Sturmoviks with superb VCs and awesome flight models... And it's only $9.99 on Steam

Beat me to it Denny. Prolly will never make an IL-2 for FSX since I can always fire up my IL-2 series to fly the, well, IL-2
Eagle 571,
Luft '46 Project Consultant?!? Half that stuff is made up phooey. And we prolly all got the same books...

Death_Eagle_571
March 3rd, 2009, 16:32
Hehe, I've had that in my sig since the Ta-183 project back in the days of CFS2, I guess I forgot about it lol

Piglet
March 3rd, 2009, 20:32
Ta-183, Now that's a cool plane, and it really was on the drawing boards.
Kinda flew in Korea, as the MiG-15..

Wulf190
March 3rd, 2009, 20:35
I dunno how they would work in FSX, but Thicko made a fantastic IL-2 series for CFS2, which do work in FS9.

Just a thought....:bump: