PDA

View Full Version : doodling may help your memory, so before I mmmm..

Lewis-A2A
March 2nd, 2009, 13:47
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7912671.stm

Well there you have it, now I just need to find my pencil case. Aha here it is, OK lets forget the ball point pens there so mainstream and go straight to the messy pastels, and who needs paper when you have a table top.

Right, ill draw a line here a line there colour this bit in blue and we have;

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_03_02_09/wip_p51d_4.jpg

mmmmmm, not too sure on it,lets try again shall we;
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_03_02_09/wip_p51d_5.jpg

OK Lewis forget the world around you and like the article says just doodle,doodle doodle, forget about panthers avatars, and release!
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_03_02_09/wip_p51d_1.jpg

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_03_02_09/wip_p51d_2.jpg

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_03_02_09/wip_p51d_3.jpg

So I wonder if I can do this with English, hell it cant make my spelling and grammer any worse I'm still the only person to spell h3llo with a 3. Time to change medium, lets use mud and a stick,.. and close your eyes and write!

"Wings of POWER 3: P51 Early and Late Models in development

A2A Simulations is currently developing a brand new Wings of POWER 3, early and late model P51 Mustangs including the A36 model.
During development of the new Mustangs, we will be releasing a free update for existing Wings of POWER II: P51D Mustang owners which will not just give them a native FSX model, but an external model built from the ground up. Like our Wings of POWER 3: P47 Razorback, existing Wings of POWER II: P51D owners will also receive an additional price break when we launch the Wings of POWER 3: P51 Mustang. This new Mustang from A2A Simulations is receiving down-to-the-rivet attention, including Accu-Sim modeling.... boom boom boom shack hut hut hut troopers super dooodle no no no no! NO! NO! ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Well that isnt too bad, although I appear to have let one of Panthers scary images drift in there, no offense intended of course Mr P :engel016: Each to there own and what not!

Ok i'm enjoying this and look at this quote from the article;
"Daydreaming distracts them from the task, resulting in poor performance."

Well no doubt when Scott reads this he'll agree with that, one task all day he gave me,

"Lewis we have these screenshots and such I think its time for an update as theres lots of exciting things happening"

...well maybe I should have told him that my college education was 'art' college and most of the time i was painting bright pink cows with my toes. Ahh well.

Right back to the task Lewis all this day dreaming is stopping you from the TASK!

Aha toes and feet lets try that, a little bit here and a small shape there, that can be a wing and this drop of ink can be a canopy and we move that here and we have;

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_03_02_09/wip_piperj3_1.jpg

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/dev_update_03_02_09/wip_piperj3_2.jpg

Ok working with editing tools now, surley this doodling thing can work with video right? :friday:

mx6l7GMc2Ow&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx6l7GMc2Ow&feature=channel_page
Click watch in HD for good ole quality watching!

Blimey that was good, and a lot of fun to do. Now I'm moving to Mexico getting a job as a sand cleaner and changing my Name to George Lucas before Scott reads this starts hunting me down. :kilroy:

stiz
March 2nd, 2009, 13:51
oooo early mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Nick C
March 2nd, 2009, 14:06
Nice to see the Mustang is in the early stages of development and the Cub's looking good too.

Tako_Kichi
March 2nd, 2009, 14:12
Can I have a pint of whatever Lewis has been drinking please! :friday:

gajit
March 2nd, 2009, 14:21
Wow - they both look superb :ernae:

spotlope
March 2nd, 2009, 14:26
:woot::woot::woot:

Yeah, yeah, the 'Stang looks great. So happy to see more Cub shots, though!

harleyman
March 2nd, 2009, 14:43
OMG A Cub with accusim?

Looking Umm good......:applause:

Dangerous Beans
March 2nd, 2009, 15:07
The Cub looks great, my credit card is ready and waiting, just dont tell my bank manager :whistle:

deimos256
March 2nd, 2009, 15:09
Accusim stang is a guaranteed buy for me!

heywooood
March 2nd, 2009, 15:21
dont put that pencil down til you've drawn a PT-17 Lewis - Please :ernae:

those planes look suh-WEEEET son

MudMarine
March 2nd, 2009, 15:37
Both look sweeeeeeeet!!:applause::jump:

MCDesigns
March 2nd, 2009, 15:40
Love the cub video, but now I am depressed at all the visuals that are poorly done in FS, like the depth of view from the VC towards the wing struts, the way the prop animation looks from the VC, the movement of the aircraft while it taxis, the grass, LOL. Looks like it will be a sweet addon though, can't wait!

Any chance for a hot copilot in the back of the VC, a pilot needs some company during those long flights in the Alaska wilderness LOL :costumes:

glennc
March 2nd, 2009, 17:16
I am speechless and in awe of the video. I know what Jakey will be doing for a long time. Even better, for A2A to be working on two such very different airplanes at the same time - priceless.

Glenn

VFR Reviews
March 2nd, 2009, 18:16
:D

That upcoming stuff looks great!

Any thoughts of putting the B-17 with Accu-Sim?

chinookmark
March 2nd, 2009, 19:10
That's not too bad for a quick doodle. I can't wait to see how it looks when you start doing serious modelling. :woot:

txnetcop
March 2nd, 2009, 21:51
I don't know who is the biggest genius over there at A2A, Scott, Lewis or Larry but I tell ya...ya sure do good work:woot:
Ted

d0mokun
March 2nd, 2009, 22:16
Wow. I keep watching the vid and looking at the shots. Where'd I go wrong LOL.:friday:

Awesome stuff.

crashaz
March 2nd, 2009, 22:46
Yeah baby!! Stangs and Cubs! My wallet is just recovering from last hangar shopping spree... now must save for these two!
:wavey:

BTW can we get the 51-H model with Accusim as well. That should teach people to quit treating it like a sled.

Lewis-A2A
March 2nd, 2009, 23:54
:D

That upcoming stuff looks great!

Any thoughts of putting the B-17 with Accu-Sim?

Yes It is on the list of packs to be added.

JoeW
March 3rd, 2009, 00:32
I just gotta have that Cub..........
Any date on when it's going to be released?

6297J
March 3rd, 2009, 00:53
Yes, which is next - the Cub or the Mustang?

kilo delta
March 3rd, 2009, 01:28
Yes, which is next - the Cub or the Mustang?

The Phantom! :engel016: :)

I'm really liking that Cub. I was admiring an immaculate float equipped Cub only last Sunday at a local Fly in in the same yellow livery as pictured in this thread. I must let the pilot know about this addon.

jankees
March 3rd, 2009, 01:45
OH YES!!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Mithrin
March 3rd, 2009, 01:47
I will have to buy both as they are both special. BTW great news about early P-51 models!

crashaz
March 3rd, 2009, 08:10
OH YES!!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Geez jankees.... when are you going to get any rest... you are still pouring out Jug skins and now A2A goes and does this to you.

JorisVandenBerghe
March 3rd, 2009, 08:45
Now one simple question, from a commercial point of view...aren't you guys a bit late on starting work on a Piper Cub ? I'm going to buy the Flight Replicas Cub this week, and it appears a bit strange to me to create a Cub when there's another one already available, and it's not just from some unknown ex-freeware developer: Flight Replicas...

Don't want to offend anyone, but it still seems strange to me in my opinion. And Warbirdsim is already busy with early variants of the P-51, too...

But after all, they're looking good, especially the Cub.

gajit
March 3rd, 2009, 08:56
I have the Flight Replicas cub and grasshopper but (i shall be polite) those screenshots of the A2A cub are outstanding and its on my wishlist.

Lewis-A2A
March 3rd, 2009, 08:57
Crashaz,

I’m glad you asked about both projects because it could seem from the outside we made a decision to develop these aircraft after others have been released. When we discussed and decided to make the Piper J-3 Cub, we were not aware of any other FSX cub in development. Prior to the model work, we visited three different cubs – this latest trip was for specific flight tests we needed to do ourselves, and also to record all sounds. When we heard of the FR cub coming out, it was a bummer that we both happened to be developing the same airplane.

The Allison powered P51’s were planned before we even started the Stratocruiser, so this is something we’ve been long waiting to do.

We cant stop because someone else makes one, otherwise we'd never release a Navy aircraft(s) :gossip:

Craig Taylor
March 3rd, 2009, 09:03
We cant stop because someone else makes one, otherwise we'd never release a Navy aircraft(s) :gossip:
:applause:
You now have my undivided attention. 'Fess up...please?

Excellent news on the Mustang, BTW!

crashaz
March 3rd, 2009, 09:03
Hmmm another clue maybe. :gossip:

6297J
March 3rd, 2009, 09:06
You can't have too may Cubs. (Unless you are a single parent Grizzly :icon_eek:)

Lewis-A2A
March 3rd, 2009, 09:20
Navy news coming, (looks around for Mud) soon, aka some point in the future, aka some point in the not now, not then but not have been.

JorisVandenBerghe
March 4th, 2009, 04:25
Tss, pretty funny you guys didn't knew about it, it still is a sticky thread around here...:kilroy:.

Well, at least we can compare; but if the A2A Cub (are you going to offer it as a complete package with Accusim included, or not ?) is as good as the Jug and all the add-ons you have released in the past, well...perhaps, if suits my needs - in case they haven't been filled by the Flight Replicas Cub which I have just bought.

Wait and see. What I've seen so far is good stuff.

By the way, isn't this the third Cub or so available ? I remember FSAddon has got one too.

heywooood
March 4th, 2009, 04:32
Navy news coming, (looks around for Mud) soon, aka some point in the future, aka some point in the not now, not then but not have been.

sounds like a Phantom

Snuffy
March 4th, 2009, 04:50
A2A all the way! :woot:

spotlope
March 4th, 2009, 05:09
By the way, isn't this the third Cub or so available ? I remember FSAddon has got one too.

FSAddon's plane is a Super Cub - a whole different animal.

Lionheart
March 4th, 2009, 16:37
That Mustang is looking sweet Lewis!

Nice work...

Loving that gearbay!

Bill

deimos256
March 4th, 2009, 19:40
Accusim ensign-killer?????

jankees
March 4th, 2009, 20:55
Geez jankees.... when are you going to get any rest... you are still pouring out Jug skins and now A2A goes and does this to you.

I'm discovering that they are in fact finely tuned to my painting. Just when I get bored with a certain model, they bring out a new one....so still a few more jugs to go, while I start looking for early Mustangs and cubs.
As for rest, don't expect anything from me this weekend..

hobofat
March 4th, 2009, 23:06
I'm seeing nothing wrong with A2A doing a cub as well as Flight Replicas. One cannot have too many cubs in my opinion :woot: FR did a good job, in my opinion, but I will admit that I am looking forward to the accusim treatment!

Odie
March 5th, 2009, 09:42
A2A folks, you must've read my mind....or seen that I've been doing a lot of flying in the WOP P-51D, and the FSX version of the WW2 Fighters P-51D !

Looking forward to getting this into the hangar ! :woot: