PDA

View Full Version : Prelude to Kasserine MAW Mission

Nonato
March 2nd, 2009, 12:26
It´s morning, on february 1943...mud and rain everywhere over the Tunisian desert. American armour attacks!!
Your flight of Hs_129 is called to the fight!

Guys, I need testers...if you´re interested, PM me.

Ted, thanks for this wonderful plane! You´re the man!

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9360/hsandgrant.jpg

O-1Driver
March 2nd, 2009, 14:08
Nonato, this looks great and this will give the guys a chance to fly the new aircraft in a mission and not just QC.

Steve

dasgoot2002
March 2nd, 2009, 15:45
:ernae: SWEET PLANE / always wish 4 one of those for cfs3 :) great work !!

NachtPiloten
March 2nd, 2009, 18:15
Nonato, this looks great and this will give the guys a chance to fly the new aircraft in a mission and not just QC.

Steve

Steve, there is a mission I made in the mission/campaign add on area. Nonato, send me the mission if you need a tester, my addy is in the readme.

cristiano103
March 2nd, 2009, 21:37
Ciao Nonato

I should test your mission with pleasure, You have my e-mail.
Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore"

cargomann
March 3rd, 2009, 09:49
It will be a pleasure to fly this one over Kasserine !
thanks Nonato !!!!

cristiano103
March 5th, 2009, 12:13
Hi Nonato

What a flak above the targets, I succeeded in bombing the tank coloumn only once, the others time I was hit by flak just before to begin the bombing run.
I tryed different approaches to the Grants (frontally, by the sides or by the rear) but the result was always the same, my poor Henshel full of holes (yes, I am not a great Jabo pilot......... many thanks to whom put on board all those armour plates).
BTW on the only time I release my bombs, I scored nearly a direct hit on a Grant but nothing happened and also the cannons seems to do nothing (even though I put 38% of bullets on the target) am I doing something wrong?
However your missions are always a very nice job and, as John says :"keep 'em coming".

Cheers my Friend :ernae: and have always good flying
Cris "Astore"

P.S. I plan to do more testing on the next week-end to improve my Jabo pilot skills lol

O-1Driver
March 5th, 2009, 12:33
Hi Nonato

What a flak above the targets, I succeeded in bombing the tank coloumn only once, the others time I was hit by flak just before to begin the bombing run.
I tryed different approaches to the Grants (frontally, by the sides or by the rear) but the result was always the same, my poor Henshel full of holes (yes, I am not a great Jabo pilot......... many thanks to whom put on board all those armour plates).
BTW on the only time I release my bombs, I scored nearly a direct hit on a Grant but nothing happened and also the cannons seems to do nothing (even though I put 38% of bullets on the target) am I doing something wrong?
However your missions are always a very nice job and, as John says :"keep 'em coming".

Cheers my Friend :ernae: and have always good flying
Cris "Astore"

P.S. I plan to do more testing on the next week-end to improve my Jabo pilot skills lol

Cris,

There is a problem in MAW with some of the vehicles, they are indestructible. Also the MAW flak is overdone and it is suicide to attack facilities, armor or ships. We are going to work on some of these isues in the update we are doing.

Steve

cristiano103
March 5th, 2009, 21:28
Cris,

There is a problem in MAW with some of the vehicles, they are indestructible. Also the MAW flak is overdone and it is suicide to attack facilities, armor or ships. We are going to work on some of these isues in the update we are doing.

Steve

Hi Steve

That explains many things lol, howevere yesterday night
at least I succeeded in destroying some of the 40 mm Bofors which protect the Grants but for the latter no chances.
I must say that the flak FX is impressive and intimidating, how do they faced it in the real world ?

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cris "Astore"

noelberrier
March 6th, 2009, 02:40
I must say that the flak FX is impressive and intimidating, how do they faced it in the real world ?

at least they were not bothered with playing the mission once again in case of flak hit ...
more seriously, I remember french as Closterman writting he had no more the nerve to attack flak by the end of the war, and became depressed for a while.

Nonato
March 6th, 2009, 08:18
at least they were not bothered with playing the mission once again in case of flak hit ...
more seriously, I remember french as Closterman writting he had no more the nerve to attack flak by the end of the war, and became depressed for a while.

I remember that too. I recall reading that after a mission he had a "crisis" on the cockpit of "The Grand Charles" , hadn't he?

@Cris:
I totally agree with you. I will release this mission shortly but with less flak and replacing the Grants by Shermans. But there will still be surprises before this mission ends...:faint:

cristiano103
March 6th, 2009, 09:17
@Cris:
I totally agree with you. I will release this mission shortly but with less flak and replacing the Grants by Shermans. But there will still be surprises before this mission ends...:faint:

Hi Nonato

......I think that I shall not like those type of surprises :costumes: nevertheless I am waiting for your new mission.

Have a nice week-end and always good flying.
Cris "Astore"

Led Zeppelin
March 6th, 2009, 10:23
Nonato, did you recieved the e-mail I've send?

Nonato
March 6th, 2009, 10:36
No Led, No e-mail until this moment.

N.

Nonato
March 6th, 2009, 13:01
Hey guys the mission is uploaded with necessary mods. Available when admin sees it.
Hope you enjoy and post some pics.

(Look at the size of that FireBall !!!:help:)

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4052/kasserineballoffire.jpg

gosd
March 6th, 2009, 18:12
WOW !!!:woot::applause:

Led Zeppelin
March 6th, 2009, 23:47
No Led, No e-mail until this moment.

N.
damned, I've send it 3 days ago... don't know what happened. I've send you a PM.

Nonato
March 7th, 2009, 02:14
damned, I've send it 3 days ago... don't know what happened. I've send you a PM.

Loic

Je viens de te répondre par PM.

Salut

Non

Grumpy123
March 10th, 2009, 04:59
Is that Hs-129 stock? If not where can I DL it? I have the mission.

Squiffy
March 10th, 2009, 05:50
Nice work. There's some ammo that must have cooked off! This ship is brand spanking new.

:woot:

Nonato
March 10th, 2009, 06:01
Is that Hs-129 stock? If not where can I DL it? I have the mission.

Here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13665

Cheers

Nonato

cristiano103
March 11th, 2009, 13:14
Hi Nonato

I tried your revised mission, the end result was the same as before (an HS.129 full of holes lol) but at least this time I gave my contributions to the cause destroying a couple of Shermans, a lorry and a 40 mm. Bofors.
I shall be better next time and I hope to be able to take some nice screenshot to post here.
Great mission and wonderful plane, many thanks to You, Ted and John and all the other that make this possible.

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying.
Cris "Astore"