PDA

View Full Version : Collin..

redriver6
March 2nd, 2009, 12:19
how do i get my cfs2 ship wakes to look like the one in your avatar??

and does anyone have a link to the Japanese fella that built all those cool ships like the Yamato..etc.?

i downloaded a ton of his stuff a long time ago but you have to have a pass code to unlock the zip and i seem to have lost all that.

Collin
March 2nd, 2009, 14:08
Hi Redriver,

I had a pic taken of the Lex undergoing trials in cfs2 before release. This was enhanced in PSP7 by adding to the wake and bow wave. This created my current desktop background pic from which the avatar was derived.

The japanese fella yer after is Usio, sorry I don't have his address at the moment.

regards Collin:ernae:

Good_2_Be
March 2nd, 2009, 16:30
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.geocities.jp/usio_no_ibuki

Translated Usio, not sure about pass-codes though

redriver6
March 2nd, 2009, 16:41
Usio..thats it thanks...

thanks for that link Good 2 Be...he has added a bunch of ships since i last visited.

a little Photoshop magic eh...well what about wakes period...is that a dp thing? i have some ships that i downloaded a long time ago but they ain't leaving a wake..

Good_2_Be
March 2nd, 2009, 16:56
Yep wakes are a dp thing under the heading EXTRA. Collin does have some really nice wake effects and ships on his link.

If you have any problems with wakes let us know one of us might be sober enough to help :friday: if no ones sober we can still help :faint:

redriver6
March 2nd, 2009, 17:32
thanks...guess i should have noticed that link before now:sleep:

Good_2_Be
March 2nd, 2009, 18:04
Some of Collins Handy work in psp7 or perhaps some other scallywag sneekin about my shipyard :caked: where be that Captain Harry Organ..

redriver6
March 2nd, 2009, 18:33
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Shadow Wolf 07
March 3rd, 2009, 09:12
Get the NCfShips download here: http://web.tiscali.it/Nanni/CFS/ install the new dps and cfg's ...then go to the Links tab on that page and click on the Mods tools and others link for Nibbio's CFS2 Page. On the page that opens you'll find the effects files for oilslicks and debris, ship fires, ship smoke and longer wakes as well as nicer torpedo wakes that go with the new dps from the NCfShips package.

Collin
March 3rd, 2009, 12:00
Remember though...any additional effects files added to anything will lower your framerates. If you have a fast idiot box all well and good, if yer don't... slide show time.

redriver6
March 3rd, 2009, 12:16
well i seem to be okay in the fps area however i seem to have lost my textures somewhere...they were here a minute ago..

Shadow Wolf 07
March 3rd, 2009, 13:02
Remember though...any additional effects files added to anything will lower your framerates. If you have a fast idiot box all well and good, if yer don't... slide show time.

A note though Collin: I ran Nibbio's/Nanni's effects well on my old, 2 sets ago Windows ME system. An older win 98 system may have some problems unless you have a lot of RAM pushing it.

"Idiot Box"??? I resemble that remark! :friday:

Cheers shipmate

redriver6
March 3rd, 2009, 14:13
thanks for the link FW07.:wave:

Collin
March 3rd, 2009, 14:48
The effects are ok (though I don't see the point of blood/guts and screams from the groundpounders), but its when you have them tied into all the ships in your folder and you have a large fleet to defend/attack in a mission that the idiot boxes start crawling.
I have to shovel extra coal into my Babbage Mk4 just to keep it going and the Meccano gears are getting a bit worn.

redriver6
March 3rd, 2009, 15:43
though I don't see the point of blood/guts and screams from the groundpounders

which file is that in?
i don't particularly want that either..