PDA

View Full Version : Fravin Cessna 150 for FSX or Gauge Fix Avaliable?

b17lover
March 2nd, 2009, 11:28
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Fravin's Cessna 150 is now for FSX or any gauge fixes. I fly one in real life and would love to practice in FSX. Thank you.

hinch
March 2nd, 2009, 11:33
They were built as part of the model so there is no chop and change possible.

I imagine they were built using <rotate> XML which FSX doesn;t support at all so I don't think it's even as simple as a texture change, just no hope unless they build the model to FSX spec.

n4gix
March 2nd, 2009, 11:43
They were built as part of the model so there is no chop and change possible.

I imagine they were built using <ROTATE>XML which FSX doesn;t support at all so I don't think it's even as simple as a texture change, just no hope unless they build the model to FSX spec.

FSX most certainly DOES support XML, so that cannot be the answer...

In fact, FSX supports a more robust set of XML...

Dangerous Beans
March 2nd, 2009, 12:11
Unless Fravin decides to update it himself I think this ones never going to work right.

I know it payware but Caranado do a nice 152
http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/buscador.php3?id_producto=56

JimC1702
March 2nd, 2009, 12:37
I don't have a link handy, but the Just Flight/FS-Insider C-152 is very nice and FREE.

Jim

hinch
March 2nd, 2009, 13:31
FSX most certainly DOES support XML, so that cannot be the answer...

In fact, FSX supports a more robust set of XML...

Yes it certainly does, I wrote some XML code in my response which has gone all hidden between the tags. I did an example of rotate syntax and FSX doesn't support rotate.

stiz
March 2nd, 2009, 13:48
it depends, if the codes in a compiled fs9 then it does to an extent, however if you use that same code in model compiled with the fsx sdk it wont work becuase fsx uses a slightly different form of xml.

b17lover
March 2nd, 2009, 13:52
I have gotton the FSInsider 152, but I want Fravin's. He has a lot of features the FSInsider 152 does not. Plus, I can relate to the 150 since I fly it.

heywooood
March 2nd, 2009, 15:30
it really is a beautiful model - its a real shame that it cant be made to work in FSX...there was a blue over white paint available for it that just suited it perfectly.

thunder100
March 2nd, 2009, 23:43
Hi

Only the autor can do this for you.Its not the gauges(they work) but the bitmaps with the gauges are not FSX SP1&2 compatibel.Need to be cahnged.But they are in the model(*.mdl) file where it is close to impossible to get them out and repair

So contact(bother) the author

Godspeed

Thunder100

n4gix
March 3rd, 2009, 08:07
Hi

Only the autor can do this for you.Its not the gauges(they work) but the bitmaps with the gauges are not FSX SP1&2 compatibel.Need to be cahnged.But they are in the model(*.mdl) file where it is close to impossible to get them out and repair

Just for the sake of accuracy, the bitmaps are not in the .mdl file; they are all located in the aircraft's ..\texture folder.

All that is in the .mdl are the texture's filenames, along with some Material settings, which may -or may not be- compatible with FSX.

I don't have this specific model, so cannot offer any suggestions for how it might be "fixed" aside from perhaps checking the ..\texture folder and seeing if the one's used for the gauge elements can be modified.

n4gix
March 3rd, 2009, 08:12
Yes it certainly does, I wrote some XML code in my response which has gone all hidden between the tags. I did an example of rotate syntax and FSX doesn't support rotate.

Ah so! I misread your post as if it were stating that FSX didn't support XML; not what you actually meant, which is that perhaps there is some bit of FS9 XML schema script used that FSX cannot interpret properly.

I've never encountered any FS9 schema script (MakeMDL.parts.xml) which is not supported by FSX, but not having this specific model, I suppose it is possible...

b17lover
March 3rd, 2009, 11:08
There was a thread a long time ago showing that someone did something and made the gauges work. He replaced some of the texture CFG files and he said they worked. Then someone else tried something and did not do as good of a job. I tried the first method and did not work. I then tried the second method and and got some of the black off the gauges. Please either reply if you know or just make a new post. Thanks.

b17lover
March 3rd, 2009, 11:09
I have already tried contacting the author (Fravin00) via email and never got a reply. I believe authors should always check their emails when they make airplanes. Ridiculous!

stiz
March 3rd, 2009, 12:03
well perhaps the author doesnt use FSX, and so has no intrest in spending endless hours in front of their pc to release a plane there never gonna use, so ignored the email, most authors get hundereds of emails asking this and that, in most cases demanding this and that, it is free after all and the author is under no legal obligation to make anything to other peoples wants or needs :engel016:

Dangerous Beans
March 3rd, 2009, 12:56
I was involved in that thread your thinking of. I think it was before the server crash so is lost forever.

I remember from the experimenting that I and others did that it was possible to remove the black covering from most of the gauges but there was still a little bit on one or two and at least one of them still had a transparent hole that you can see the sky through.

Roger
March 3rd, 2009, 12:58
I'm sure this thread is a repeat of one we had a few months ago with the same individual. They made this plane for themselves and shared it with friends first and finally the French website was discovered and the rest of the world downloaded it. With all the "Make it for FsX" e.mails I would bet those e.mail addresses are no longer active.

If you don't like the Just Flight one then try the Carenado. If you don't like that one...make one yourself and share it...for free with everyone else and keep your e.mail active so all the anoraks and rivet counters can bombard you with mail asking and telling you how you should, change, modify and make it available for other sims.

b17lover
March 3rd, 2009, 13:19
Yes, exactly!!! I used one way and took some of the black off, but the heading indicator was still clear and you could see the ground through it. Definitely not real life! :)

jschall
March 3rd, 2009, 13:44
There was a thread a long time ago showing that someone did something and made the gauges work.

Yeah - that was before SP1. I was able to edit the panel.cfg files, simply removing the minus signs on certain coordinates.

But since SP1, that fix no longer works.

For those of you who parlez-vous, here is my email exchange with François Guidée:

> Subject: C-150 - quelques problèmes avec instruments
> From: gmail.com schallenberg.jeff@gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:11:35 +0000
> To: fravinguidee@hotmail.com
>
>
> Votre Cessna 150 est un vrai chef d'oeuvre. Merci pour ce magnifique projet!
>
> Sous FSX, j'ai de la misère à faire fonctionner certains des instruments:
>
> 1) Radio de navigation basse-fréquences (ADF). - les chiffres (centaines, dizaines, unités de kilocycles) ne s'affichent pas - impossible de syntoniser une poste "NDB".
>
> 2) Le GPS - cliquer gauche sur son écran n'accomplit rien. Et shift-3 fait paraître le GPS 2D, mais il occupe la moitié inférieure de l'écran FSX.
>
> Mise à part ces petits défauts, votre Cessna 150 remplit mes heures de vol virtuel de joie!
>
> Jeff Schallenberg
> Saint Lambert, Québec

Bonjour Jeff,

Tout ceci est normal, j'ai conçu le C 150 pour FS 2004 et uniquement pour celui-ci. Le développement a pris exactement 2 ans. FS X n'existait pas tout simplement. Les défauts sont connus et j'y ai déjà remédié pour beaucoup. Je ne referai pas un modèle pour FS X mais un patch qui permettra d'en jouir encore plus dans FS X. Les défauts de radios seront réglés. Sachez déjà que FS X ne supporte plus les valeurs négatives de positionnement des gauges dans le panel.cfg. Vous pourrez déjà voir dans celui du C 150 qu'il y a quelques valeurs avec des "-" comme l'adf par exemple. Enlevez le "-" et vous aurez déjà retrouvé l'affichage des fréquences de l'adf ;-)

Pour le moment, je prends qques vacances au sujet de FS. Mais je vais bientôt m'y remettre. Faire le modèle Aerobat 150 ch puis le taildragger et ensuite le patch FS X.

Voilà pour la situation actuelle. Je dois encore étudier mon PPL et vu que j'ai un mois de congés, je vais étudier assez bien. Ensuite m'occuper de mes 3 enfants :-)

Bien à vous et merci pour votre enthousiasme,

Fravin,
Belgique.

Dangerous Beans
March 3rd, 2009, 14:25
OK heres the best I've been able to achieve.

Thats by deleting C150smoothreflect.bmp and C150smoothreflect2.bmp from each of the texture folders and as jschall mentioned going through the panel.cfg's and deleting all the - sighn's from the coridinates for each of the gauges.

note the two see though gauges, one black gauge and theres still a small black patch on the clock.

b17lover
March 3rd, 2009, 19:41
Thank you for all your help Sir. I now remember to take out the "-" signs out of the panel.cfgs. Can you send me a copy of your panel.cfg?:amen:

familton
March 15th, 2009, 18:07
What does removing the textures do? I have them in and don't see a problem yet. I don't have the patch on the clock, or any see thru gauges. The clickspots don't work for me for the seat adjust, computer, stopwatch, checklists, and the fuel panel. They do work for the glove box, yoke, doors, windows, OAT. I am running SP1 on XP. I am going to work more on it. Any help would be appreciated. I already fixed the minus signs which FSX does not like. Regards, Bob.

Since I posted this I now have a working 2d panel with working panel window toggles (I wrote my own). I now have working VC toggles. Regards, Bob.