PDA

View Full Version : FSX CTX after "drag and drop" on the map view

Lateral-G
September 27th, 2008, 07:56
FSX now does a CTD when in the map view and I drag the airplane symbol to a new location on the map. I used to be able to change locations in map view by this method. It only happens in map view.

Any ideas why it may have started doing this?

-G-

JT8D-9A
September 27th, 2008, 08:22
The color of your PC?

What did you change?
What is the exact error-message, does it happen at every location and with every plane (also the default planes and at locations with no add-on scenery installed)?

If it happens everywhere and with every airplane, it's something global. Do you load programs with FSX? Have you tried a new driver?

Lateral-G
September 27th, 2008, 12:03
The color of your PC?

What did you change?
What is the exact error-message, does it happen at every location and with every plane (also the default planes and at locations with no add-on scenery installed)?

If it happens everywhere and with every airplane, it's something global. Do you load programs with FSX? Have you tried a new driver?

Every location, any plane. No new drivers. Only add-ons are ones here from SOH.

No error message except the typical one saying FSX has encountered a problem and is shutting down. Do you want to contact Microsoft...blah, blah, blah......

I can use the "go to airport" function just fine. I can change day and time with no problem.

-G-

JT8D-9A
September 27th, 2008, 12:35
Next time you get the error, you should send an error report and click the link to view the included information ("ModName").
Without this information, it's nearly impossible to help you, because we can only guess.