PDA

View Full Version : problem with reinstal

strega13
October 10th, 2008, 12:04
a quick question for all the computer gurus out there .
just reinstalled ( again ) windows XP after my mom visiting from france messed up my rig in less than 20 minutes ( so much spywares and viruses appeared that the antivirus couldn't deal with ) .
now , during the drivers reinstal , there was an issue with "NvCpl.dll" ( Nvidia crush 17 , resolution setting for OOBE ) and it didn't instal . i tried to find a download for this driver but couldn't locate one or even find it on the instal CD .
now looking at the device manager , i get error messages saying the device drivers are not installed , and trying to reinstal from the CD , it didn't work .
not sure if it is the same device but i am missing the drivers for both
- video controler : Video Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29A3&SUBSYS_505A107B&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&11 The drivers for this device are not installed.
- video controler ( VGA compatible ) : Video Controller (VGA Compatible) PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29A2&SUBSYS_505A107B&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&10 The drivers for this device are not installed.

I tried to contact support but the computer isn't under warranty anymore and they want to charge $60 for the first half hour to help with that :censored: .
here are my specs if that helps :
intel core duo 6300 at 1.86Ghz ( Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1864 Mhz )
intel graphic media accelerator X3000 ( up to 224mb DDR shared video memory )
250 GB hard drive
1024 MN DDR2 dual channel .

if anyone could help , it would be greatly apreciated as FS is now running without any 3D acceleration it seems ( can't get any good visuals anymore ) .
thanks a lot

hey_moe
October 10th, 2008, 15:54
Have you tried uninstalling the video driver and also using a driver sweeper to remove the rest in safe mode then reinstalling the video driver again.

Butcherbird17
October 10th, 2008, 19:02
You might want to try windows update to see if there is a newer driver for the integrated video. With out knowing what chipset you have i don't know which driver you would need. Do you know if the mobo has a pci-e dimm, or a spare pci slot? You would get better graphics with a dedicated video card, which in turn would free up the shared memory of the integrated video.

Joe

strega13
October 10th, 2008, 22:09
thanks for the advices . i tried what hey_moe said ad it worked . for some reason , the drivers for the intel G965 motherboard didn't install outside of the safe mode .
thank you again for the help everyone .
a graphic card is one of these things i have wanted for awhile and i will be able to get one within a month or two , so it'll help a lot .