PDA

View Full Version : Fsx panels/gauges

N101ST
January 10th, 2021, 14:53
Hello!
Im Milton Shupes old panel/gauge hack. Been away for a while. This Covid thing got me sitting back in front of my computer. (Got a computer that would finally run FSX! LOL!)

I have been furiously doing FSX panel work. New panels as well as all new xml gauges and gauge artwork. And I have updated several of our aircraft 2d panels for 1600x900.
displays.

Couple of questions...

Is anyone still messing with FSX? Im not ready to go "down the rabbiit hole" with the HTML gauge programming. (Still trying to remember what little I knew of xml programming!)

Having issues with reconcilling the DX10 texture thing with some of the older aircraft. Seems I get some to work. Others do not. I even have ssome of the programs that should be doing this but not always successful!

I have just done a panel rework for the freeware ALPHA T-50 Bobcat based on a good vintage photograph I found. The ECU has reverse mixture levers. (Down is rich, up is lean.) I cant seem to get a grip on how to reverse the action of the mixture levers in the ecu.

Anyone still messing with FSX that can help, sure would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Scott

Klein
January 11th, 2021, 03:04
Hello Scott
I don't know a lot in XML gauges, so may be I'm out, but in those gauges, you can use non_linearity tables for more than only needles.
In C gauges, to change the needle rotation sense, you must invert the lines in the non linearity table, the first line become the last, the second the before last, etc...

Best regards
Martin

N101ST
January 11th, 2021, 16:08
Thanks for the reply Martin.

The nonlinierity section is good. The levers move in the correct direction.

Typical xml mouse code for ECU mixture section looks like this...

<Click Kind="LeftSingle+LeftDrag">(M:Y) (*Get Y*) 26 (*38-12*) - (*skip top runof*) 99(*137-38*) / 0 max 1 min 1 - /-/ 16384.0 * (&gt;K:MIXTURE1_SET)</Click>

I have messed around with different sections but no avail. I really dont understand what each of the operations do. But I believe the answer is in the following section...

/ 0 max 1 min 1 - /-/ 16384.0

Ive been trying different changes to this section, but only thing I have managed to do was make the lever stop sliding! LOL!

Klein
January 11th, 2021, 21:22
Hello Scott
I'm afraid I can't help any more, if nobody else can answer, an eventuality is to find an other XML gauge working about the same, the advantage with XML is than the code is easily accessible.
Best regards
Martin