PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried this?

jeansy
March 2nd, 2009, 04:57
hey guys

im trying to avoid the task of finding all my fs9 payware dvds,

so can some tell me if

1, the nemeth hind
2, the nemeth hip

work in fsx sp2/FSXA? and if they do is there any problems like gauges and bleed through blades?

fingers crossed to the point where theyre starting to cramp!

harleyman
March 2nd, 2009, 05:44
Sorry jeansy... I have no clue what you are after here....:faint:

JimC1702
March 2nd, 2009, 06:09
Can't help you with those two, but I'm using the Nemeth AC-350 in FSX/SP2/Acceleration. It does have the rotor blade bleed-through problem, I haven't found a rotor .bmp that works right yet. The windows were black, but I fixed that by using a different windows_t.bmp. Gauges all worked fine.

IanP
March 2nd, 2009, 06:17
I ported the Mi-2 into FSX and it worked okay, apart from the lack of anything animating in the VC (you have to start it using the 2d panels) and the rotor bleed through issues that will be an issue with any FS9 transparency in FSX.

I deleted it because I don't fly 2d cockpits any more, but it did work.

Boomer
March 2nd, 2009, 06:41
I have had all the Nemeth helos in FSX w/ Accel save the S-76 (cant get it to start in FSX).

They have all the usual port issues except the glass. You can see through it just fine. They all fly well. The one that makes the best transition is the Mi 17. Its VC is still fully functional.

jeansy
March 2nd, 2009, 21:34
I have had all the Nemeth helos in FSX w/ Accel save the S-76 (cant get it to start in FSX).

They have all the usual port issues except the glass. You can see through it just fine. They all fly well. The one that makes the best transition is the Mi 17. Its VC is still fully functional.

thanks for that, any chance for a screen shot of the 17 in x please

CG_1976
March 2nd, 2009, 22:36
The Nemeth Hind has trouble with guages, rotor alpha and again requires start from 2d. I sent it packing back to Fs9 like my mi-2 and mi-17 and Ka-26.

Boomer
March 3rd, 2009, 07:35
I will post some screenies tonight when I get home.

chaders
March 3rd, 2009, 08:15
Hi,

I'd love to see how you got the 17 to work. I gave it a pop but couldn't get the engines started up. I loved this helo in FS9 and it's one of the few reasons (The C9 F-4 and F-104) I keep the older sim installed.

IanP
March 3rd, 2009, 09:37
I just installed and flew the Mi-17. Everything works except one important bit - the fuel control levers.

Having gone through the rest of the start procedure, I hit shift-alt-f4 and it clattered into life. Unfortunately not only is the cloud clipping particularly noticeable with the blades, but they didn't rotate either, on my system, once they were up to speed and instead just "froze" in position.

It did work though, which is more than the Mi-2 did.

Boomer
March 3rd, 2009, 10:01
Thats strange Ian,
I have no problems with the M1-17. The usual clipping but thats it. I dont recall a problem with the rotor turning but will check it out this evening.
Same for the Mi-2. I have to use the 2d panel to start it but after that it functions fine as well.

IanP
March 3rd, 2009, 10:49
The blades were "moving" in that they were the blurred texture rather than the "stationary" texture, but when spun up to full power they weren't actually animating. As soon as I reduced power, they started moving again.

Pass! :)

Boomer
March 3rd, 2009, 17:28
Ok I reinstalled 4 Nemeth FS9 helos as I hadn't yet put them on this new rig.

They are the Mi-2, Mi-17, Ka-26 & S-76.

Ok will give a mini review of each. I shan't mention the rotor clipping as that is a known issue & one shared by all ports.

Mi-17
This is the best port of the lot & my personal favorite. It goes into FSX without any modifications & everything works.
Only issues are at some rotor rpm speed the rotor disc stops & the rotor disc is a single object so when on the ground with the engines running it casts a huge circular shadow. Otherwise it is a great aircraft that flies well.

Ka-26
Another great port! Everything works from the VC. Only issue is a couple of times I would see a flicker from the VC. Flicker isnt the right word to discribe it. Its as if the green texture gets fuzzy for a sec. I didnt decern any rhyme or reason to the flicker.

Mi-2
Pretty good port. Only issues with this is there is a funky shimmer to the Artificial Horizon ( I am assuming this can be correct with a new alpha although I havent tried yet) & the co pilot overhead panel does not work in the VC. They are just a bunch of breakers so what I did was pull it up via the 2d panel & flip them all on. That done the helo can be started from the VC.
Same shadow issue as the Mi-17. Also the left overhead panel will flicker on occasion. Lastly when viewed head on the pilot disappears. He is visable from all other views.

S-76
Dont bother! Multiple issues on many levels. While it was a superb model in FS9 I dont think it is worth the amount of work it would take to get it running in FSX.

Here are some screenies to illustrate my points.

jeansy
March 3rd, 2009, 21:27
thanks a million or this boomer, even more so posting problems