PDA

View Full Version : Crash to desktop problelms

highpockets
March 1st, 2009, 17:02
I am coming back to CFS 3 after a few years to try out the new addons including MAW as a result of an internet friend who has been enjoying this sim. I did a clean install, updated to 3.1a, opened to Quick Combat. All O.K.
Exited sim and reopened to fly a mission. All going O.K until I got shot down:kilroy:
Exited and reopened to fly another mission, went to start engine and CTD. Deleted all uisel.xml files and tried again. Still CTD problems.. One time it CTD in the middle of a warp to next waypoint. I have not added anything to the clean install. My computer specs: Intel 1.7 GH, 1 GB ram, 256 MB video card.
Any ideas as to where to start?
Thanks

rbp71854
March 2nd, 2009, 03:01
Do a defrag and also increase your virtual memory. 1G ram is at the minimum recommended. Close down any other programs that may be sucking up resources. Set application performance level to performance rather than quality. You may also have to decrease your slider settings.

I am coming back to CFS 3 after a few years to try out the new addons including MAW as a result of an internet friend who has been enjoying this sim. I did a clean install, updated to 3.1a, opened to Quick Combat. All O.K.
Exited sim and reopened to fly a mission. All going O.K until I got shot down:kilroy:
Exited and reopened to fly another mission, went to start engine and CTD. Deleted all uisel.xml files and tried again. Still CTD problems.. One time it CTD in the middle of a warp to next waypoint. I have not added anything to the clean install. My computer specs: Intel 1.7 GH, 1 GB ram, 256 MB video card.
Any ideas as to where to start?
Thanks