PDA

View Full Version : MCAS Cherry Point

jmig
March 1st, 2009, 05:38
Anyone own this? For $10.00 it looks like a deal. Can you land and TO from the carriers?

harleyman
March 1st, 2009, 06:01
Where's it at jmig ????

jdhaenens
March 1st, 2009, 06:38
There was a short discussion on this on Flightsim. It looks to be rearranged standard library objects with few (if any) custom objects.

If that's your thing...go for it.

http://www.flightsim.com/main/notams09/your0223.htm

tigisfat
March 1st, 2009, 06:55
WOW!! 50 combat aviation squadrons!! I couldn't help but laugh so hard when I saw that. Clearly this guy has no military experience.

bwahahah...3 SECURITY CHECKPOINTS!!:kiss:

harleyman
March 1st, 2009, 07:11
WOW!! 50 combat aviation squadrons!! I couldn't help but laugh so hard when I saw that. Clearly this guy has no military experience.

bwahahah...3 SECURITY CHECKPOINTS!!:kiss:

Well perhaps not....We were not all in the service, and some may like the added items from there...Who knows...

But it appears to have bombing runs..That looks intresting to me ...

If what you've read so far doesn't interest you then how about this: the scenery also has a working bombing range with exploding vehicles set up nearby the carrier fleet. This scenery is for Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Acceleration and has yet to be tested on FSX with SP1 or no service packs.
Learn More Here (http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1978)

jdhaenens
March 1st, 2009, 08:58
Any patch of ground can be a "Fully operational bombing range" at least as operational as any other patch of ground.

The explosions look like :veh_truckexplosion01 <SMALL>{C6B5DF45-CE4D-46B3-
80C0-DCCD8054F01F} right out of the FSX SDK. You can place any number of them with instant scenery.</SMALL>
<SMALL></SMALL>
<SMALL></SMALL>
<SMALL>Jim</SMALL>
<SMALL></SMALL>
<SMALL></SMALL>

MudMarine
March 1st, 2009, 10:31
I was stationed there for three years 1983-1986. We were always VERY busy! Three check points are the three entry points into the base.