PDA

View Full Version : Pitcure

miketull
February 28th, 2009, 19:18
For some reason I've been unable to upload my pitcure. Is there some way to find out why it will not upload. I used microsoft pitcure it.

Moparmike
February 28th, 2009, 19:32
What format and size is the shot that you are trying to upload?
Both the file size and dimensions are factors in how large a file you can attach to your posts.
JPEG/JPG is the recommended format.

See my attached screenshot of the "Manage Attachments" window for posting attached files. At the bottom you will see the image formats and sizes that are allowed to be attached.

Hope this helps!

Henry
March 1st, 2009, 07:42
Picture it is not a format that will upload
you must save them as JPG's
H

miketull
March 12th, 2009, 15:21
Thanks for the replys. That manager is something that I have never seen, I don't know where to get it. I got the pitcure down to 67.2 KB. from 100KB it is jpeg and it says the dimension are 1216 X 848. That is the same dimensions as the full size pitcure, I enlarged the center and eliminated everything around it so I don't know why when I move the arrow onto it with my mouse it shows the same dimensions as the original pitcure. I've e-mailed a lot of these pitcures so I don't know why uploading a pitcure is not the same as e-mailing it.

Moparmike
March 12th, 2009, 17:32
Thanks for the replys. That manager is something that I have never seen, I don't know where to get it. I got the pitcure down to 67.2 KB. from 100KB it is jpeg and it says the dimension are 1216 X 848. That is the same dimensions as the full size pitcure, I enlarged the center and eliminated everything around it so I don't know why when I move the arrow onto it with my mouse it shows the same dimensions as the original pitcure. I've e-mailed a lot of these pitcures so I don't know why uploading a pitcure is not the same as e-mailing it.

When you are posting to the forum, you'll need to use the "Post Reply" button, or if you're using the "Quick Reply" you'll need to hit the "Go Advanced" button underneath the text box. Either method will get you to the full-page posting form.

Once you're there and have your post words typed into the text box, scroll down the page a bit into the "Additional Options" box just underneath the "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post" buttons. There you will see a button labeled "Manage Attachments". Clicking that button you will get the attachment manager pop-up that I've got pictured in my previous post.
Once you've got that window, you can select a file/photo from your computer...this works very similar to browsing through files on your computer using the "Open File" dialogue that you see in many software apps like MS Word or even the "Attach Files" button in Outlook Express or Mozilla's Thunderbird email program.

BTW, it's actually a lot simpler than my post here makes it seem. I'm not veyr good at giving step-by-step instructions! :)

Were you able to save the picture that you're trying to upload into JPEG or JPG format? If so, then that 1216x848 size should be alright for uploading. I don't use Picture-It, so I'm not real familiar with how it works and what saving options you have in there.

Any more questions, feel free to post em up and hopefully we can get things working for ya!