PDA

View Full Version : French airfields

achim27619
February 28th, 2009, 12:42
Hi,

the French airfields are on the home stretch. Rami is just testing the gsl.file and after that (some glitches to be removed for sure) I am going to upload.
This package will contain all French airfields exept the JHS-Corsica package.

Abbeville, Athis, Audembert, Azeville, Azeville (Reserve), Boissy-le-bios, Bordeaux, Brest and Brest Seaplane, Caen, Calais, Cambrai-Forenville, Cambrai-Haynecourt, Cherbourg, Denain, Etaples, Evreux, Guines, Guyancourt, Juvaincourt, La Rochelle, Laon, Le Havre, Lille, Lille Satellite, Reims, Rennes, St. Omer, Triqueville, Vannes and Velizy-Villacoublay

Some screen shots to see what you are in for.

Cheers

Achim

bearcat241
February 28th, 2009, 13:52
Ooh la la!....now i can complete my long overdue ETO upgrade! This completes your "JHS_various1" package, yes?!. I'll admit i was a little disappointed when i opened "Various1" and found no Abbeville, Caen, Cherborg, Etaples, Lille, Calais and Azeville. These were always my favorite haunts south of the Channel. :ernae:

Rami
February 28th, 2009, 14:03
Yeup...this package will have many new, but some bases from previous packs. :woot:

In short, all of the CFS1 bases in France will be in this pack.

Update: I tested the combined GSL file and airbase dat, packing the airbases and shipping them off to Achim. It shouldn't be too long...unless there are technical difficulties.

dvslats
February 28th, 2009, 15:05
Beautiful work achim27619.:applause: I do not have a ETO install yet, but soon...these should go nicely.

Devildog73
February 28th, 2009, 15:45
Beautiful fields Achim!

BTW, I am building Tuskegee NA and Sicily missions to strafe and bomb your wonderful Corsica fields.

Sorry, all that work just to get bombed and strafed.............

But they do look nice before all the fire and smoke take over!:caked:

Jagdflieger
February 28th, 2009, 17:41
Sweet!

dsawan
February 28th, 2009, 17:50
Wow, top quality. these are a must have. This will get me playing even more. thx again.

miamieagle
February 28th, 2009, 18:06
They look Gorgeous!

Thank you!

Ravenna
February 28th, 2009, 18:59
Hopefully when I land you can point the way to the nearest vineyard! Great work Achim.:ernae:

achim27619
February 28th, 2009, 23:13
I have just uploaded the package.

Cheers

Achim

achim27619
March 1st, 2009, 02:38
One cannot testfly often enough.

Azeville still has a glitch and you fall through the runway. I am working on it and will provide an update as soon as possible.

Sorry

Achim

Rami
March 1st, 2009, 03:36
Achim,

I have not had that problem, but I'm using Rhumbaflappy's new mesh. :typing:

Wulf190
March 1st, 2009, 10:17
I'm getting trouble. Cherbourg. I had this issue to a much greater degree when using the TAF2 version. The surrounding area is at sea level, but Cherborg is elevated on a 387.19ft plateau. The problem seems to be with CD Landclass, but I'm not going to get rid of the land class for that issue.

Fibber
March 1st, 2009, 10:52
This is probably a stupid question but would TR's (McCellands) file "New grass"," No grass" work with these and help them blend in to the surrounding countryside?

achim27619
March 1st, 2009, 11:01
@ fibber: I really don' t think so and it would need a different style of making the airfields.

To All: I missed to attach the airbases.dat to the package. Here it is and it will be part of the first update.

Sorry chaps

achim27619
March 1st, 2009, 11:44
I have just uploaded the neccessary update. The two Azevilles are now alright on my machine and the airbases.dat is attached as well.

Cheers

Achim

Fibber
March 1st, 2009, 13:27
Achim, thanks , since I wasn't sure just thought I would ask.

Jagdflieger
March 1st, 2009, 14:50
Thanks Achim! The new airfields are most appreciated.

Optix
March 1st, 2009, 16:50
I have downloaded your French airfields and after looking at the installation instructions I believe I know what to do but want to make sure before I screw things up.

As I understand, if I want to utilize the GSL airfields in your new package I should remove all the duplicates (*.bgl files) in my 2TAF scenery folder (along with any of your earlier versions in other folders), and utilize the full GSL file, not the minus version. Is this correct?

Also is there anything additional I need to do? Thanks for your patience!

Rami
March 1st, 2009, 16:54
Optix,

1) Yes...all French 2TAF airbases should be removed.

2) No, you do not need to remove French bases by Achim which have already been released. This airbase pack simply includes ALL of the French airbases, the majority of which are new. Leaving his older French bases in will not affect them in any way, they will simply be overwritten.

Does that help? :rapture:

Optix
March 1st, 2009, 16:59
Optix,

1) Yes...all French 2TAF airbases should be removed.

2) No, you do not need to remove French bases by Achim which have already been released. This airbase pack simply includes ALL of the French airbases, the majority of which are new. Leaving his older French bases in will not affect them in any way, they will simply be overwritten.

Does that help?

Yes! Thanks for the lightning reply, Rami! I shall proceed!!

Optix
March 1st, 2009, 18:23
I deleted all the bgl's of the duplicate airfields in my 2TAF scenery folder, but when I opened up CFS2 in FF and searched for airfields they were still listed as being in the 2TAF folder as well as in the new France airfields folder. What step did I leave out?? :confused:

Rami
March 1st, 2009, 18:34
Optix,

Go into the scenedb\RUNWAYS folder and delete them there, too. That's what's tripping you up.

Optix
March 1st, 2009, 18:35
Optix,

Go into the scenedb\RUNWAYS folder and delete them there, too. That's what's tripping you up.

As has been said many times.....you da man!

Rami
March 1st, 2009, 18:48
No problem! :amen:

Ettico
March 1st, 2009, 20:23
Thanks much for the French airfields, Achim.

These may come in handy for a DCG post-D-Day tactical campaign I'm thinking about. Le Havre and Triqueville are perfect for basing short range P-47's, and the other airfields you've added along the Seine and near Paris will be handy as well.

Rami
March 1st, 2009, 20:27
I know, Ettico. I have plenty of stuff for them too!

Ettico
March 1st, 2009, 21:48
I know, Ettico. I have plenty of stuff for them too!

I know, Rami. CFS2 Europe is looking more and more like CFS3 Europe. It's getting harder and harder to look at it without getting ideas...:iidea:
:d

kelticheart
March 2nd, 2009, 00:40
I'm getting trouble. Cherbourg. I had this issue to a much greater degree when using the TAF2 version. The surrounding area is at sea level, but Cherborg is elevated on a 387.19ft plateau. The problem seems to be with CD Landclass, but I'm not going to get rid of the land class for that issue.

Hi Wulf,

I found out that in the majority of the cases, adding a flatten switch to the scenery.cfg file cures the problem, including the fall-through-the scenery above described by Achim.

How to do it has been covered several times in this forum. Just open MB, go to the scenery and put the mouse pointer on the runway. In the lower left corner you will read the altitude the scenery was set at. Find the 4 corners coords for a square covering the scenery and enter them in the flatten switch. This will correct any scenery-mesh altitude conflict.

TO ACHIM:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANOTER MASTERPIECE!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I will have fun adding a lot of trees to your GSL gobs. ETO airfields were almost always surrounded by thick woods and Wolfi's forest objects offer a very low framerate.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Oglivie
March 3rd, 2009, 13:57
Thanks Achim, I was still using CFS1 airfields for most of France, but this new upgrade is a great improvement over them, and will replace them. Thanks again!

Cheers,
O

PSULLYKEYS
March 5th, 2009, 11:10
Thanks Achim!:friday:

miamieagle
March 6th, 2009, 04:21
I"am a little belated but I do want to thank you!

This will enhance CFS2!

We have now we have high quality Airfield all over in every WWII Theater.

Thank you Guys!:rapture: