PDA

View Full Version : nVidia 182.06 (Feb18, 2009)... anyone try these yet?

datter
February 28th, 2009, 10:13
I just updated from the previous nVidia drivers to 182.06 while trying to sort out an issue with a game my son plays. I haven't tried FSX with them yet, anyone else using them that can report (hopefully) good things?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_182.06_whql.html

Kiwikat
February 28th, 2009, 10:48
I don't know if its related or not, but after I installed them my Photoshop stopped working right. It flickers whenever I move my mouse. Googling pointed me to some microsoft mouse issue, but I don't even have a microsoft mouse and the exe that is supposedly causing the problem doesn't exist on my computer.

I rolled back the drivers but photoshop is still broken. :mad:

Cazzie
February 28th, 2009, 10:58
Says they're only for XP systems only, so that's a no go for me. Besides I am having no problems with 181.24 drivers for Vista 64-bit.

Caz

noddy
February 28th, 2009, 10:59
The Photoshop problem was reported on Guru3D, some people have problems others don't ?

I do not use PS, so no problems on my part, a stable driver no issues in using FSX.

Epsillon
February 28th, 2009, 11:05
Says they're only for XP systems only, so that's a no go for me. Besides I am having no problems with 181.24 drivers for Vista 64-bit.

Caz
This (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_182.06_whql.html) version is for Vista 64-bit, Caz...;)

Bjoern
February 28th, 2009, 11:14
Got the 182.05s here (.06 minus WHQL certificate) and can't complain at all.

stovall
February 28th, 2009, 11:28
Cazzie, the Nvidia webside driver download definitely has the 182.06 drivers for Vista 32. I have been using them since February 18th. No problems on any programs here. Smooth as glass.

Regards, Tom

Stickshaker
February 28th, 2009, 12:08
I use the Vista driver since a few days with no problms so far.

IanHenry
February 28th, 2009, 12:14
I'm using have been using them for the lasr few days with no problems so far.

Ian

Cazzie
February 28th, 2009, 16:06
This (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_182.06_whql.html) version is for Vista 64-bit, Caz...;)

Thanks Epsilon, but if it interferes with PS, it is not for me. You know I cannot live without PS to do my repaints. :>)

Caz

Epsillon
February 28th, 2009, 20:24
Thanks Epsilon, but if it interferes with PS, it is not for me. You know I cannot live without PS to do my repaints. :>)

Caz
I use the 182.06 since the release and I have no problem with Photoshop...;)

Kiwikat
February 28th, 2009, 21:56
Yeah I think the PS problem is completely unrelated... a coincidence I guess. I have no idea what is wrong with it. If I turn rulers off it tends to work a little better. I really wish I could get it back to full working condition though. I have some F16 paints to finish...

warbird861
March 1st, 2009, 00:22
They messed my setup completely. I have to use previous version.

Sascha66
March 1st, 2009, 03:15
I have used them for FS) and I believe the autogen performance has increased, I don't get the popup effect anymore - the autogen is nice and dense as far as the eye can see!

Cazzie
March 1st, 2009, 03:31
I use the 182.06 since the release and I have no problem with Photoshop...;)

I went ahead, downloaded and installed them Epsillon, no problems with PS either. :applause:

But they are doing a strange thing to FSX in DX10 mode. All I get is a small screen in the middle of the monitor, when I click alt-enter to go full screen, it just flickers. No such problem in DX9 mode. Anyone else have the same problems? I keep hoping with each new set of drivers, one will elimanate the flickering runway and taxiway markings in DX10 mode. Even with the little screen, I am sad to say the new drivers did not. So I shall still be operating FSX in DX9. I just do not believe the sim was made for DX10.

Caz

GT182
March 1st, 2009, 05:06
Stupid question from me. Anyone tried the 182.06 drivers on an older GFX card... 6800XT to be exact? I'm runnin XP Home 32 bit. I'd like to update mine but I'm nervous as all h3ll with these new NVidea drivers. Thanks.

datter
March 1st, 2009, 05:57
For the record, I finally got around to trying these new drivers with FSX last night and although they don't seem to have provided as much of a performance gain as the last step up in drivers, they haven't hurt anything either.

Cazzie
March 1st, 2009, 06:22
Stupid question from me. Anyone tried the 182.06 drivers on an older GFX card... 6800XT to be exact? I'm runnin XP Home 32 bit. I'd like to update mine but I'm nervous as all h3ll with these new NVidea drivers. Thanks.

Not stupid at all.

Checking on the site for the XP drivers linked by datter, they are supposed to work with your card. I would advise a back up of your old drivers first, then install the new ones. I do expect they will be an improvement over your existing drivers, due to the age of the old ones. Click datter's link and the tab Products Supported and your card will be on the list

One thing I have found is that it is better to do an uninstall and reinstall of nHancer (if you use it) also when changing to new card drivers.

Caz