PDA

View Full Version : Question for Moe or texnetcop?

Cazzie
October 10th, 2008, 04:59
I downloaded the latest forceware drivers for my nVidia 8800 GT SLI cards, but would like to know the proper procedure to install them.

Should I uninstall all of the current nVidia drivers before reinstalling the new forceware drivers?

Is there anything I should do to clean the Registry before reinstalling.

I want to be careful, because I am having no issues with the current drivers, released 5/08. The newer drivers were released 9/08.

Caz

Wh61
October 10th, 2008, 08:18
I downloaded the latest forceware drivers for my nVidia 8800 GT SLI cards, but would like to know the proper procedure to install them.

Should I uninstall all of the current nVidia drivers before reinstalling the new forceware drivers?

Is there anything I should do to clean the Registry before reinstalling.

I want to be careful, because I am having no issues with the current drivers, released 5/08. The newer drivers were released 9/08.

Caz
Cazzie,Texnetcop is out of town for a week. In regards to your question, Ted would say if you have no issues with the current drivers, don`t fix what not broke. Ted has built three computers for me and I believe what he says.

Cazzie
October 10th, 2008, 11:49
Cazzie,Texnetcop is out of town for a week. In regards to your question, Ted would say if you have no issues with the current drivers, don`t fix what not broke. Ted has built three computers for me and I believe what he says.

That's what I like to hear. :applause::ernae:

I'll save the new drivers anyhow, until I hear some positive info on the new ones. I'm still enjoying the 20 fps in FSX DX10 mode, but I can increase that to 24 fps by simply going back to DX9. :d

Caz

Gratia Manuele! :applause:

Willy
October 10th, 2008, 13:24
He he, don't even ask what set of drivers I'm running for my FX 5200. Let's just say it's been a long while since I've updated drivers. :d

PS: They aint broke....

hey_moe
October 10th, 2008, 13:54
I found it best to download a driver cleaner >> http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)-download-1655.html after you install it go to your add and remove programs in your control panel, remove the video driver, reboot into safe mode and use the driver sweeper and remove the rest of the left overs, reboot and then install the new drivers, you should be set to go . I feel most of the guys have problems playing with the new and beta drivers because they don't use that driver sweeper to get the left overs....Mike