PDA

View Full Version : Turbine Sound Studios' F/A-18 sounds?

lukecrowley571
February 28th, 2009, 05:07
Has anyone tried TSS's new F/A 18 sounds with the Acceleration Hornet? Do they work with it, and if so, how well?

harleyman
February 28th, 2009, 05:27
Not me as I don't fly Acceleration...But I'm sure someone has...hang out....

wildcat400
March 17th, 2009, 06:36
Has anyone tried TSS's new F/A 18 sounds with the Acceleration Hornet? Do they work with it, and if so, how well?
No, but I am interested on what you are talking about. Got a link?

Shylock
March 18th, 2009, 05:57
A few of us tested it out over here and liked it the whole team went and purchased it. The sounds are great. The only thing I don't like about it is the loud Hummm of the APU at engine start up is very faint. Heres the link to the product page with a video

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1964

wildcat400
May 15th, 2009, 09:09
Trust me. That sounds nothing like a F-18 (A-D) or the Super at all.

PRB
May 15th, 2009, 20:33
Airplane sound is a very subjective thing. An F/A-18 in flight sounds quite different from an F/A-18 on the ground. And what does it sound like from inside, with your helmet on, and the radio static in the background? I’ll bet the sound from inside is not nearly as annoying as from outside. And even from outside, the sound “texture” depends very much upon where you are with respect to the airplane. From behind, a Hornet is actually pretty quiet. From in front, well, to paraphrase Martin Caidin, on the ground, the sound of an F-404 engine is music to nobody except engine mechanics!

I know that it’s common for “pop-farts”, as some would describe us WW-II plane nuts, to condescendingly regard all jet noise as indistinguishable from one plane to the next, but the fact is that it’s easy to tell an A-7 from an A-6, from an F-14, from an F-15, from an F-18, both in flight and on the ground. F-4 Phantoms make this absolutely unique mournful whistling moan as they make their brake turns over the field. And what about power setting? At cruise power settings, you can hear a delicate whine, with many harmonic "notes", while in after-burner, it simply sounds like continuous thunder, shaking the very ground over which it passes. And who can forget the S-3 Viking? (Whooooop…)

Ffor me, as long as the FS sound from inside the cockpit isn’t that highly annoying, fingers-on-chalk-board irritating whine, I’m pretty much happy. In FS, I alias many of my jet fighter sounds to the Alpahsim F-89 Scorpion!