PDA

View Full Version : RTWR Celebratory Flight

MM
February 27th, 2009, 19:49
Hi fellow RTWR pilots,

Here are some plans for the “Post-Race Celebratory Finale”.

The scheme is to meet at Essendon YMEN on Saturday, February 28 2009, at 1930 UTC. We should depart for YMLT in order to “return the animals” to Launceston at about 2000 UTC. It would be great to have the pilots from different teams mix together and enjoy the celebration of the event.

MoparMike has generously offered use of his FSHost server. It will be open on Saturday and may hold as many as 16-20 pilots.

The URL is: mape.gotdns.org
The SOH TeamSpeak (unregistered) is at this address: fs9x.dyndns.org

As ever, everyone is welcome. Naturally, not all will be able to make the event. But it would be good to see some pilots from each team if it is possible. Please spread the word about the time, location, and the FSHost server as well as TeamSpeak address.

Hope to see you all.

Best,
Mike MacKuen
(for the Executive Committee)

dcc
February 28th, 2009, 12:31
photo from the big group flight

- dcc

jkcook28
February 28th, 2009, 16:31
BIG turnout. Spent the flight doing F-84 Thunderstreak formation and flybys with Rob. Much fun! :d

Moparmike
February 28th, 2009, 19:19
Yup...great turnout! Turned out to be more than my place could handle! I'm glad WestCoastATC could handle the traffic...sure was smooth flying!

I never did ask what they were BBQing...I just have this sneaking suspicion that we didn't fly those critters back to Tasmania to set em free! ROTFLMAO! :d

Was lotsa fun. But then again, so was the whole race!
I spent the trip hanging the camera out the window at this sweet little P-38 formation that DCC, Blackbeard, and myself had going. And then guess who sneaks up on us in a P-47...the Gnoopster himself! :d

Here's a few shots of the flight over and another of a bunch of rowdy SOHers (and one Merc Air member ;)) on the apron at YMLT.

(My apologies to DCC for not having his "black" Lightning loaded in my racing FS9 install)