PDA

View Full Version : Manfred Jahn's freeware in MSFS ?

Paul K
August 28th, 2020, 03:29
I'm not sure whether this has already been asked - apologies if so. I'm wondering whether any of Manfred's freeware aircraft, particularly the wonderful C-47, will be appearing in MSFS. The B-50 would also be very welcome. Perhaps the other members of the team could provide some information.

Thanks in advance.

lagaffe
August 28th, 2020, 05:22
I'm not sure whether this has already been asked - apologies if so. I'm wondering whether any of Manfred's freeware aircraft, particularly the wonderful C-47, will be appearing in MSFS. The B-50 would also be very welcome. Perhaps the other members of the team could provide some information.

Thanks in advance.

I will try this afternoon with the howto that I have publish here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/120838-Anyone-able-to-install-other-planes-yet?p=1234632&posted=1#post1234632

So long ...

YoYo
August 28th, 2020, 05:59
+1 for his C-47 PBR :wavey:.

keithb77
August 28th, 2020, 06:29
Some people have succeeded with the C47, for me it CTDs though I have a clue as to fix so hopefully by tomorrow...

I do have a VERY nice C46 working and a Lockheed Model 10 Electra and a BN Islander so it's well worth the effort if you like older tin.
https://cdn-thumbs.imagevenue.com/4c/02/03/ME12C4R2_t.jpg (https://www.imagevenue.com/ME12C4R2)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78601&stc=1
Cheers
Keith

lagaffe
August 28th, 2020, 08:06
Hi,

I just finished the C47 conversion and did the first test.
The plane is seen in the manager, it launches and after 15 to 20 sec CDT

I just did a second test and I managed to take off ... before my cat jumped on my desk, moved the mouse and the C47 hit a house on the edge of the runway!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78602&stc=1

mgr
August 28th, 2020, 08:43
Which version did you convert? A true FSX version or a P3D version? For example the "windscreen.ddl" of the P3D version could be a problem?

Marcel

PS
Should we not notify Manfred and Javis for this conversion proces? Atlease that they approve.

TuFun
August 28th, 2020, 08:51
Which version did you convert? A true FSX version or a P3D version? For example the "windscreen.ddl" of the P3D version could be a problem?

Marcel

PS
Should we not notify Manfred and Javis for this conversion proces? Atlease that they approve.

From what I gather is the P3D models will not work in the conversions. Only native FSX mdl's.

Also, say this on discord.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78603&stc=1

edakridge
August 28th, 2020, 08:53
I have the C-47 working to a fair degree in MSFS. To get around the CTD I had to delete all unusable gauges (DLL,CAB,GAU) from the panel.cfg and panel folder, leaving only the 3D gauges working. This means no radios or popup windows are working. From what I have learned so far, what Asobo meant by XML gauges was the XML code that accompanies 3D gauges. CAB files and XML gauges using BMP's definitely don't work. As to the question asked earlier about PBR: this is not possible because MSFS won't recognize P3D models, only FSX models. I used version 3.14 for my conversion. Before anyone asks, I will not be uploading it. This is because I don't have permission from Manfred and Jan to do so and because it is incomplete without radios. This was simply a convenient candidate for me to experiment with. If Manfred and Jan want what I have to build upon it, they are more than welcome to it.

YoYo
August 28th, 2020, 09:41
Yep, I think only Manfred can do the original conversion (or with his permission). He has rights to do so, it's his model and we must have to wait for his work.
I dont know he has MSFS or not yet. His the last post was posted in 9th July. We must wait. Maybe he will add new features for MSFS also (like active and animated checklist ect) :wavey:.

Tom Clayton
August 28th, 2020, 11:02
I'd give my left pinkie toe to get his L1649 into the new sim!

edakridge
August 28th, 2020, 11:09
I'd give my left pinkie toe to get his L1649 into the new sim!
It would never work. The model is FS9 and none of the gauges would show up even if you converted it to FSX native.

Paul K
August 28th, 2020, 11:50
Yep, I think only Manfred can do the original conversion (or with his permission). He has rights to do so, it's his model and we must have to wait for his work.
I dont know he has MSFS or not yet. His the last post was posted in 9th July. We must wait. Maybe he will add new features for MSFS also (like active and animated checklist ect) :wavey:.

Yes, that's pretty much the answer I was looking for - thanks. I haven't got MSFS yet, as I'm waiting to buy a completely new PC to run it. However, I am watching the news and developments, and am very much looking forward to flying in it. I hope MJ does rework his collection, particularly the C-47, which will be every bit as essential in MSFS as it has been in P3D.

Tom Clayton
August 28th, 2020, 12:02
It would never work. The model is FS9 and none of the gauges would show up even if you converted it to FSX native.
It's probably the only model that I'd pay for to get into my sim. Maybe the base wireframe could be used as a starting point so that it didn't have to be completely done from scratch...

TuFun
August 28th, 2020, 12:46
I was surprised that someone added Milton's Howard 500 in MSFS! The cabin is there but no VC at the moment. I guess there are others that like the old bird as much as I do. Now that's historical flight sim aircraft still in use... WOW!

bazzar
August 28th, 2020, 13:30
It needs to be remembered that only FSX legacy models can be ported. P3D models will not work. Personally, I believe not having access to PBR materials and other items like gauges etc. is not going to to the sim any good. It defeats the purpose of the game. To bring new technology to heighten the experience and immersion. I get that people want to maximise on their original purchases but honestly, I think people will just be disappointed with the results. I'm just waiting for the second people start asking us for "conversion packages" to make our FSX product compatible. Sorry but that is not happening. We are only developing dedicated MSFS product and P3D product. We will continue with Ctrl/Ezy products for FSX but for how much longer, we are not sure. On that subject, Javelin will be for all three sims. For that please visit our Facebook pages, you might be pleasantly surprised....:engel016:

keithb77
August 28th, 2020, 14:05
Looking forward to the Javelin...but until then China Doll is far from disappointing!
It's not so much maximising return on investment, I'd just MUCH rather fly scruffy noisy old planes than shiny new ones with electronic cockpits.
Cheers
Keith

Snurdley
August 28th, 2020, 14:57
It defeats the purpose of the game.

Not sure I follow that. Sure I get lost revenue, but I'm not so fussy as to not use a ported FSX aircraft. And from what I've seen, they look great.

bazzar
August 28th, 2020, 22:04
Well MSFS is designed to bring a new level of realism, depth and immersion to the hobby. It does that by using new techniques and technology, requiring more advanced models. All I am saying is that I do not see the point in investing in such a game to populate it with old tech which will not sit well in the environment or alongside other dedicated aircraft. In the end it doesn't matter, as with all previous versions, people will do what they want to do.

keithb77
August 28th, 2020, 23:19
Having been an alpha hamster I've flown all the default planes I want to for a while...I bought MSFS for it's world-wide orthoscenery plus AI autogen and the weather engine.
So the cream of the legacy models will keep me happy until you guys produce something new that floats my boat :)
Flying through Laos in an old round engine plane sits well with me...

lagaffe
August 29th, 2020, 01:54
I also took part in the tests on the Alpha versions and was able to see how Asobo was working.

For me wearing my old FSX aircraft on MSFS allows me to see from a technical point of view how it behaves. It's a kind of laboratory which aims to see with little cost the behavior of 3D, how the textures are treated and try to apprehend where the potential problems will be in case of creation of the same plane in native MSFS.

For those who have their own sources, the 3D, whether compiled in MDL or glTF, does not change much, a few hours of work to adapt the animations ...
Most of the work is on the textures that will have to be modified to meet the requirements of the PBR textures used in MSFS.

Moreover, MSFS is still under development and the SDK is far from being finished, so there is a good chance that whole sections of the SDK will be reviewed and modified, if this is the case: why rush to have to review our creations in a few months?

So these portages are for the moment a laboratory and simply a laboratory :wavey:

Javis
August 29th, 2020, 02:20

Marcel

PS

If Manfred approves i'd surely do too of course. The thing is though that i deffinately agree with Bazz when he says that it would be kind of a waste to put 'old technique aircraft models' aka FSX models, into our shiny brandnew virtual flying world. They'd probabely stand out like a sore thumb against all the totally amazing looking dedicated MSFS models. I mean, who'd want that ??... Sneaking you and your sorry looking plane in on the sly hoping that nobody sees you ? Hey, everybody look at that !!.... :loyal: :biggrin-new:

Nah, beautiful things will come to those who wait. Give it time to see what the possibillities are. Lets not rush in with half baked 'port over' models from a long gone FS era just because we can't wait for a dedicated amazing looking MSFS version.

I can only say i'll try to follow Manfred wherever he might be going. :)

Cheers,
Jan

warchild
August 29th, 2020, 04:54
Even a bowl of Onion Soup looks delicious when you sprinkle a bit of parsley on top. What I'm seeing is a lot of disappointed people, being disappointed at the incredible lack of depth in functionality. The A320Neo for example has so many overhead switches that dont work it isnt funny, and this philosophy of "shove the throttles all the way and fly" Is rather insipid. The love, care and dedication we put into our work for FSX just isnt there. Its all been slimed over by makeup and fancy bells that only work half the time. We NEED the FSX aircraft. Even old and in need of a new paint job, they are cherished and essential simply because we gave a damn, and they work.. I'd Love to see mine and Roberts P-61, Or Lionhearts Pasped, or any of a hundred other FSX aircraft brought up to date and put in game..

Postbaer61
August 29th, 2020, 05:20
If Manfred approves i'd surely do too of course. The thing is though that i deffinately agree with Bazz when he says that it would be kind of a waste to put 'old technique aircraft models' aka FSX models, into our shiny brandnew virtual flying world. They'd probabely stand out like a sore thumb against all the totally amazing looking dedicated MSFS models. I mean, who'd want that ??... Sneaking you and your sorry looking plane in on the sly hoping that nobody sees you ? Hey, everybody look at that !!....

Nah, beautiful things will come to those who wait. Give it time to see what the possibillities are. Lets not rush in with half baked 'port over' models from a long gone FS era just because we can't wait for a dedicated amazing looking MSFS version.

I can only say i'll try to follow Manfred wherever he might be going.

Cheers,
Jan

I tend to disagree in some parts.
There are a few good old treasures thats worth to take a look at it,
because they don't look too shabby in some case IMHO.

https://i.imgur.com/PD4M9Dg.png

https://i.imgur.com/MP47jeY.png

https://i.imgur.com/HtfpTNJ.png

https://i.imgur.com/LkrViyq.png

If they are fully flyable, so why not?
And how long will it taken to build such model from scratch ?

Cheers
Ulrich

YoYo
August 29th, 2020, 06:33
I have to admit that this MSFS hangar looks brilliant, simply :applause:.

FlyingsCool
August 29th, 2020, 06:38
Am I wrong in thinking it'll only be a matter of time before a library of 3D gauges exist to replace the ones that have been 2D for so long?

Too me, that's the only sticky point. There's tons of really nice FSX Native models out there. And I imagine A2A is hard at work...

TuFun
August 29th, 2020, 06:44
Found this video of Manfred's C-47...

https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticAlertScallionCoolStoryBob

Might add that guys over at Discord are doing a bang-up job on the C-47. They love her because she has a soul and better than a lot of payware aircraft.

FlyingsCool
August 29th, 2020, 07:39

Might add that guys over at Discord are doing a bang-up job on the C-47. They love her because she has a soul and better than a lot of payware aircraft.

I was gonna ask if anyone had seen a rainbow in MSFS :)

Javis
August 29th, 2020, 08:12

Well, powder me in sugar and call me a cupcake :cupcake:

Interesting find, Ted ! :encouragement:

The cockpit doesn't even look half bad. I suppose it's mainly the external textures that need to be lively-upped (if that's a word..) And isn't it like because it is native FSX PBR materials cannot be a applied ?.....

I do wonder about the T-6 Harvard in the first page ? I believe i recognise the A2A version so FSX too, right ?

Navy Chief
August 29th, 2020, 08:24
So many aircraft I would love to see imported into this sim; not the least of which would be a LOT of Cold War USN jets! But I am waiting for a tool to do it! NC

Javis
August 29th, 2020, 08:29
I tend to disagree in some parts.

https://i.imgur.com/PD4M9Dg.png

If they are fully flyable, so why not?
And how long will it taken to build such model from scratch ?

Cheers
Ulrich

A loooong time, you bet.

And sure, this doesn't look too shabby at all. But does this hangar scene provide some sort of extra fancy treatment of the external textures ? Can you taxi out without losing these reflections and shine ?... Certainly Manfred's C-47 external model in the video that Ted provides a link for looks very dull, no shine, no reflections at all.

Priller
August 29th, 2020, 08:38
I do wonder about the T-6 Harvard in the first page ? I believe i recognise the A2A version so FSX too, right ?

I think it's the Wozza Texan. But I might be mistaking. This thread is about freeware in MSFS, not?

Priller

Bomber_12th
August 29th, 2020, 08:56
Yes it is the FSX-native Wozza Carter T-6 (originally modeled by David Eckert (of FS2004 Stearman and B-26 fame), and with a pilot model by our own Mike Flahault (Flight Replicas)). When the A2A Texan came out, it did look very similar, and with a similar-looking pilot too (it never has had the tailhook option though, like the Wozza T-6).

Javis
August 29th, 2020, 08:57
I think it's the Wozza Texan. But I might be mistaking.

No, i think you're right and i was mistaken. :drunk:

My first thought too, Wozza's.... but i can't even remember if that actually is a native FSX model so i guessed it must be A2A. But it isn't so well done. :encouragement:

degeus
August 29th, 2020, 09:40
Hi,
Would it be possible to distribute a link of a library somewhere where all ported complete aircraft can be found for downloading?
Could Simouthouse e.g. create such a library?

With kind regards,
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

Priller
August 29th, 2020, 10:04
Hi,
Would it be possible to distribute a link of a library somewhere where all ported complete aircraft can be found for downloading?
Could Simouthouse e.g. create such a library?

With kind regards,
Piet de Geus
Netherlands

Hi Neighbour,

Greetings from Belgium!

I think that is somewhat soon. I don't think the developers in question have given their permission for their creations to be shared in ported form.

They would all have to be contacted and they would have to give their permission.

Maybe, just maybe, they're already working on converting their creations to the new flight sim. We can dream can't we? ;)

Cheers,

Priller

edakridge
August 29th, 2020, 10:49
I wouldn't upload any of the conversions that I have done for two reasons: I don't have the developer's permission and they are incomplete or non functional. What people need to realize is that Asobo's promise of backward compatibility wasn't exactly truthful. While the models (FSX not P3D) are usable, pretty much everything else isn't. The only gauges that work are 3D modeled gauges. No GAU,DLL, or CAB files will work. Another issue that we're running into is that the SDK is incomplete. Asobo hasn't even started on the gauge section yet. Flight dynamics are also screwed up on many conversions. Many of you seem to think that "Port Over" to MSFS is as simple as it was from FS9 to FSX. It just ain't so. If you download one of these conversions, you WILL be disappointed. It will be incomplete and buggy.
I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but it will be quite some time before I would expect full functionality from these models.

Javis
August 29th, 2020, 11:18
So many aircraft I would love to see imported into this sim; not the least of which would be a LOT of Cold War USN jets! But I am waiting for a tool to do it! NC

Well, just take it easy, Chief, gonna be a loooong night. In the mean time you might wanna settle for this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78635&stc=1

Priller
August 29th, 2020, 11:30
Javis,

Maybe you forgot to put something in your post? :biggrin-new:

Sorry...

Priller

Navy Chief
August 29th, 2020, 12:43
I did see the download for the free F/A-18, but am not going to bother with it. Way too many bugs and overall things wrong with it. I am sure there will be plenty of addon aircraft made available soon. I am not in THAT big of a hurry! NC

FlyingsCool
August 29th, 2020, 16:48
Sooo... in the meantime, I've been investigating liveries. One thing I'd like to do is replace all those silly ASXXXX N-numbers to more realistic ones. I figure for those planes that no one has developed liveries for, I can just create a liveries directory in Community, copy the appropriate files over find the aircraft.cfg and edit it appropriately and...

But I'm noticing the Asobo planes don't have an aircraft.cfg file like the livery files I've downloaded do. Not even in a split up form as far as I can tell. But do they and I just can't find them?

How are people building these aircraft.cfg files? Where are they if they exist?

Editing existing ones to my liking is easy, but nobody has created liveries for the SR22 for instance, where is its aircraft.cfg file?

Thanks,

Tom

Javis
August 29th, 2020, 19:28
Javis,

Maybe you forgot to put something in your post? :biggrin-new:

Sorry...

Priller

Heck, the little rascal must've flown away... (new computer, normal procedures not up to scratch yet..;-)

Just wanted to advice Chief to maybe settle for this during waiting :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78637&stc=1

Sundog
August 29th, 2020, 20:49
LOL, I love that paint scheme. Let us know when it can be download. :encouragement:

keithb77
August 29th, 2020, 23:41
Sooo... in the meantime, I've been investigating liveries. One thing I'd like to do is replace all those silly ASXXXX N-numbers to more realistic ones. I figure for those planes that no one has developed liveries for, I can just create a liveries directory in Community, copy the appropriate files over find the aircraft.cfg and edit it appropriately and...But I'm noticing the Asobo planes don't have an aircraft.cfg file like the livery files I've downloaded do. Not even in a split up form as far as I can tell. But do they and I just can't find them?How are people building these aircraft.cfg files? Where are they if they exist?Editing existing ones to my liking is easy, but nobody has created liveries for the SR22 for instance, where is its aircraft.cfg file?Thanks,TomYou can change the reg in the loading screen, it's set dynamically.It can also be set through simconnect (FSEconomy does this for you :) )Sadly the cfg files for DEluxe and Premium aircraft are encrypted and can't be viewed or changed, but the standard edition ones canCheersKeith

keithb77
August 29th, 2020, 23:48
Nice paint, are there any US Navy skins for the C-46?...

Postbaer61
August 30th, 2020, 01:54
And sure, this doesn't look too shabby at all. But does this hangar scene provide some sort of extra fancy treatment of the external textures ? Can you taxi out without losing these reflections and shine ?...

Yep, here some outsideshots.

https://i.imgur.com/pYTrU2p.png

https://i.imgur.com/LUvBypd.png

https://i.imgur.com/6Qx7bW5.png

https://i.imgur.com/5Lew7Uz.png

Priller
August 30th, 2020, 02:49
OMG!! You did the Marchetti as well??? :jump: *drools all over his keyboard* :biggrin-new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-3e0EkvIEM

Priller

OzWookiee
August 30th, 2020, 02:58
Here's hoping that we can work together to get an updated C-47 working in MSFS in all her glory. She NEEDS to be in this new sim.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78647&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78648&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78649&stc=1

I have all of her flight model data in the new format and we now need:
* 3D Asset transferred to native format
* Sound updated to new format in WWise
* Custom DLLs redone in new format.

OzWookiee
August 30th, 2020, 03:32

Oh I didn't see this post before. What's your name on the Discord?

TuFun
August 30th, 2020, 08:33
Oh I didn't see this post before. What's your name on the Discord?

I thought I would pop in Discord to see what's up... "TuFun". Was an alpha/beta tester for MSFS. Will jump on retail sometime after the Nvidia 3080 release.

So, for now, I'm sitting back watching the excitment!

FlyingsCool
August 30th, 2020, 09:22
You can change the reg in the loading screen, it's set dynamically.It can also be set through simconnect (FSEconomy does this for you :) )Sadly the cfg files for DEluxe and Premium aircraft are encrypted and can't be viewed or changed, but the standard edition ones canCheersKeith

Ahhh, that makes sense... well, that makes sense why I couldn't find them. It doesn't make sense, however, to do what they did in that regard.
It's a major pain in the ass to have to change them every time I start the game. Stupid, in fact, to set it up that way.
I'll check out the simconnect work around. Thanks

blanston12
August 30th, 2020, 11:43
I did a couple tests with Jahn's C-47 and C-117D.

The C-47 worked fairly well for me, however since the autopilot in the VC in inop and the popup 2D panels don't work I can't use the Control Panel to set the autopilot and no GPS to navigate its going to be hard to use. And like many of the tail draggers I have tested it went nose over when I tried to stop it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78682&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78683&stc=1

None of the gauges in the C-117D worked as you can see.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78684&stc=1

One thing I did noticed, when you start then you need to give them some gas right after loading or the engines will stall, and if you press Ctrl-E to restart them, CTD.

FlyingsCool
August 30th, 2020, 11:47

The C-47 worked fairly well for me, however since the autopilot in the VC in inop and the popup 2D panels don't work I can't use the Control Panel to set the autopilot and no GPS to navigate its going to be hard to use. And like many of the tail draggers I have tested it went nose over when I tried to stop it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78682&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78683&stc=1

One thing I did noticed, when you start then you need to give them some gas right after loading or the engines will stall, and if you press Ctrl-E to restart them, CTD.

"No GPS Hard to navigate".... :)

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

You're doing some inspiring work, btw. I'm contemplating trying as well, but I'm afraid how many hours I'll end up putting into it with little gain. The Super Stearman looks promising however, that's on my short list of planes I want.

blanston12
August 30th, 2020, 12:03
"No GPS Hard to navigate".... :)

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

You're doing some inspiring work, btw. I'm contemplating trying as well, but I'm afraid how many hours I'll end up putting into it with little gain. The Super Stearman looks promising however, that's on my short list of planes I want.

I admit I a bit of a slacker when it comes to navigation. In FSX/P3D one of my favorite aircraft to fly was Jahn's C-47 with the Modern VC, the right blend of old aircraft with modern navigation for me.

OzWookiee
August 30th, 2020, 14:36

Make sure you remove all DLL and GAU files from the panel folder. That stops the CTD.

OzWookiee
August 30th, 2020, 14:37
I thought I would pop in Discord to see what's up... "TuFun". Was an alpha/beta tester for MSFS. Will jump on retail sometime after the Nvidia 3080 release.

So, for now, I'm sitting back watching the excitment!

Well hopefully we can get a native C-47 for us all to do some group flights in :D

YoYo
August 31st, 2020, 04:08
Small OT but about DC-3 still.
They knew about future infections ... :biggrin-new:.

http://i.imgur.com/QHDWQuyl.jpg (https://imgur.com/QHDWQuy)

jmig
August 31st, 2020, 05:29
OMG!! You did the Marchetti as well??? :jump: *drools all over his keyboard* :biggrin-new:

Priller

Make that two of us!!!

If you guys won't post these things, I guess I will need to learn how to do it myself. :sleeping: Dreams of flying the Marchetti again.

TuFun
September 1st, 2020, 04:26
Well hopefully we can get a native C-47 for us all to do some group flights in :D

Looks like somebody posted the Manfred's C-47 for download. You probably know the site.

OzWookiee
September 1st, 2020, 04:40
Looks like somebody posted the Manfred's C-47 for download. You probably know the site.
Yup and none of the radios will work LOL. I genuinely understand their enthusiasm, but port-overs are so mostly broken!

Until we get the native version done.
:fingerscrossed:

MrZippy
September 1st, 2020, 05:05

Yup! Just removed the posting of it over at the "other" site. It's not fair to Manfred, Milton, and the other great developers.:encouragement:

wombat666
September 1st, 2020, 05:34
I need to get more popcorn in........:applause:

OzWookiee
September 1st, 2020, 05:48
Yup! Just removed the posting of it over at the "other" site. It's not fair to Manfred, Milton, and the other great developers.:encouragement:

Appreciate that! I'm actually hoping that I can convince the team to let me help them convert it to native!

TuFun
September 1st, 2020, 06:05
Yup and none of the radios will work LOL. I genuinely understand their enthusiasm, but port-overs are so mostly broken!

Until we get the native version done.
:fingerscrossed:

Nice work on the conversion guide. :encouragement:

TuFun
September 1st, 2020, 06:09
Appreciate that! I'm actually hoping that I can convince the team to let me help them convert it to native!

Gman has been doing the conversion for P3Dv5 by Manfred's permission so it's possible.

mjahn
September 1st, 2020, 06:54
Oops, just seen this, too. The first pirated copy already. Looking awful, and has bugs, hopefully lots.

Haven't given permission, of course, nor did they bother to ask or notify. Uploader is anonymous. Am trying to get them to remove it from their server but get an 'undeliverable' from their contact form.

Edit: Okay, they did acknowledge my mail and removed the upload. Wouldn't be surprised if it came up elsewhere though.

ak416
September 1st, 2020, 07:35
Very convenient that all of their pirated stuff is always submitted anonymously... :mixed-smiley-010:

Bomber_12th
September 1st, 2020, 07:37
I believe it has been taken down now.

TuFun
September 1st, 2020, 08:56
Just check and C-47 is gone. Also just watch the Nvidia presentation and going for 3080 ($699) for sure. The 3070 ($499) is faster than the 2080ti!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78749&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78750&stc=1

MrZippy
September 1st, 2020, 09:17
Oops, just seen this, too. The first pirated copy already. Looking awful, and has bugs, hopefully lots.

Haven't given permission, of course, nor did they bother to ask or notify. Uploader is anonymous. Am trying to get them to remove it from their server but get an 'undeliverable' from their contact form.

Edit: Okay, they did acknowledge my mail and removed the upload. Wouldn't be surprised if it came up elsewhere though.

Keeping a sharp eye out for any more being posted on forums elsewhere! :encouragement:

Postbaer61
September 1st, 2020, 11:00
I just saw another MFS C-47 download on "simviaion.com".
Uploader is called Zach Gloss.

mjahn
September 1st, 2020, 11:38
Thanks Postbear. Zach Gloss, eh? A name to remember...

Best to have standard letter I guess.

Really motivates a developer to do any further work...

Hello,

My name is Manfred Jahn. I am the author of the freeware FSX C-47.

A portover of this plane to MSFS2020 has just been uploaded to simviation. I did not give permission for this upload and kindly request you to remove it from the server, and let the uploader know about my reaction.

This is the second illicit upload today of my plane.

I trust you do not tolerate piracy of this kind at your site.

If you are not the person responsible for any action I'd be grateful if you could forward this email to the person in charge.

I'd also be grateful if you could acknowledge this email.

Thank you.
Manfred Jahn

Ganter
September 1st, 2020, 12:13

Hi Manfred, I'm really glad you're on this. Charlie over at Avsim has done away with the thread promoting msaddons.org. This morning I sent them an email informing them that they were offering pirated software with no permissions, etc.

Your C-47 is a work of digital art and a joy to fly and operate.

I was just wondering if you were considering doing some work on your C-47 to bring it in to MSFS?
I've been flying your wonderful C-47 for a year or so and can't imagine MSFS without it.

OzWookiee
September 1st, 2020, 14:36
Hi Manfred, I'm really glad you're on this. Charlie over at Avsim has done away with the thread promoting msaddons.org. This morning I sent them an email informing them that they were offering pirated software with no permissions, etc.

Your C-47 is a work of digital art and a joy to fly and operate.

I was just wondering if you were considering doing some work on your C-47 to bring it in to MSFS?
I've been flying your wonderful C-47 for a year or so and can't imagine MSFS without it.

Hopefully something to say soon :D

Sundog
September 1st, 2020, 16:16
Yeah, I'm waiting for original developers to update their wares. I don't need someone else's half-a$$ed unapproved attempt. All that's required is a little patience. Planes are being worked on. It would have helped if MS had had their "Stuff" together and had the SDK ready to go upon release, or even prior to truly give the developers some time to be prepared.

Having said that, given how many years I waited for releases that didn't show up until P3D, I can wait a little while longer to get all of the planes I want in MSFS. Also, I do hope HS is able to make a version of the KO F-1 for us. I went back to P3D earlier this week, just to fly that bird. :)

Which, yeah, if your favorite plane isn't in MSFS yet and you need to fly it, then go get a fix in FSX/P3D in your favorite bird, until the original builders, if they're still around or you have their permission, allow it.

oleg_tr
September 1st, 2020, 17:14

Hi Manfred!
Nice to see you again. I will ask the Russian community to remove the illegal version and wait for the author's version of this beautiful aircraft.

mjahn
September 1st, 2020, 22:08
Hi Oleg, thanks for spotting yet another illicit upload, that's number three and counting. Wow. Please let us know if you were able to get them to remove it.

The one on Simviation is gone now, but it had 500 downloads already if I saw that correctly, even though I think they doctor their numbers. Strangely they also deleted the forum thread in which I asked Mr Gloss to comment.

YoYo
September 1st, 2020, 22:40
So here is a reason why I will wait patiently for Manfred's official conversion. :wavey:

keithb77
September 1st, 2020, 22:45
One way to defuse this would be to release the two JSON files that need to be added to the standard C47 as hosted by SOH to get it to work in MSFS pending the full conversion.
I could provide these...or not if it's felt to be a bad idea...
Cheers
Keith

Tom Clayton
September 1st, 2020, 22:45
Manfred, just in case you didn't see it earlier, I'd pay a buck or two (or thirty!) to get your L1649 in the new sim! :jump:

OzWookiee
September 1st, 2020, 22:57
One way to defuse this would be to release the two JSON files that need to be added to the standard C47 as hosted by SOH to get it to work in MSFS pending the full conversion.
Cheers
Keith

That can be done easily enough by anyone at this stage however there are several things that are INOP using that method.

mjahn
September 1st, 2020, 23:14
Cheers Keith

Definitely not a good idea, Keith. I don't even want to see any pics or vids of it anymore, it's so annoying.

keithb77
September 1st, 2020, 23:48
Okay, NP
Cheers
Keith

OzWookiee
September 2nd, 2020, 21:34
Sooo... in the meantime, I've been investigating liveries. One thing I'd like to do is replace all those silly ASXXXX N-numbers to more realistic ones. I figure for those planes that no one has developed liveries for, I can just create a liveries directory in Community, copy the appropriate files over find the aircraft.cfg and edit it appropriately and...

But I'm noticing the Asobo planes don't have an aircraft.cfg file like the livery files I've downloaded do. Not even in a split up form as far as I can tell. But do they and I just can't find them?

How are people building these aircraft.cfg files? Where are they if they exist?

Editing existing ones to my liking is easy, but nobody has created liveries for the SR22 for instance, where is its aircraft.cfg file?

Thanks,

Tom
Hey Tom,
I found out the official way of creating livery packages and wrote a quick guide here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/guide-creating-livery-packages-for-msfs.448795/

FlyingsCool
September 3rd, 2020, 05:43
Hey Tom,
I found out the official way of creating livery packages and wrote a quick guide here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/guide-creating-livery-packages-for-msfs.448795/

Thanks Oz for documenting it....
Aren't we missing information for the Premium aircraft in the aircraft.cfg?

I know how to set up liveries for install, it's the Premium aircraft like the Cirrus and Aerobat I'm interested in getting liveries for.

These are planes I learned to fly in, and I'd like to purchase a Cirrus someday, and would like to create liveries for it...

https://i.imgur.com/cgLmKhF.jpg

I think this was actually an Aerobat... we did spins in this...

https://i.imgur.com/LT8ndwU.jpg

And finally, GFW used to rent out this plane, would be nice to see it again...

https://i.imgur.com/8s798Vv.jpg

OzWookiee
September 3rd, 2020, 14:11
Thanks Oz for documenting it....
Aren't we missing information for the Premium aircraft in the aircraft.cfg?

I know how to set up liveries for install, it's the Premium aircraft like the Cirrus and Aerobat I'm interested in getting liveries for.

These are planes I learned to fly in, and I'd like to purchase a Cirrus someday, and would like to create liveries for it...

https://i.imgur.com/cgLmKhF.jpg

I think this was actually an Aerobat... we did spins in this...

https://i.imgur.com/LT8ndwU.jpg

And finally, GFW used to rent out this plane, would be nice to see it again...

https://i.imgur.com/8s798Vv.jpg
Don't need any information from those aircraft.. just their residing folder name that we reference in the VARIATION section and the texture.cfg

David Robles FSX
September 5th, 2020, 18:19
I am asking, if this is something that you would be willing to do? Convert your '47 to whatever format this new sim MSFS is based on?

I know it would be my go-to aircraft for videos and sight seeing...

See this one I just completed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHH5N5X1b0w

Respectfully:

David...

OzWookiee
September 5th, 2020, 18:53
I am asking, if this is something that you would be willing to do? Convert your '47 to whatever format this new sim MSFS is based on?

I know it would be my go-to aircraft for videos and sight seeing...

See this one I just completed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHH5N5X1b0w

Respectfully:

David...

Lets see what the team come up with :D

degeus
September 7th, 2020, 07:06
[QUOTE=Postbaer61;1234766]I tend to disagree in some parts.

Hi,
Where can we get those Texans/Harvards, assuming that they are free to download without conflicting rights
Piet de Geus

TuFun
September 7th, 2020, 22:00
Finally, self-reflections although the two half's are not synced and the props not exactly proper. Once this available for MSFS by Manfred with all its charm will be awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX6gaz-D_W8