PDA

View Full Version : Abacus Tilt Rotor

b52bob
February 27th, 2009, 19:45
Installed the time limited version. Flys nice but looks a little strange!

MCDesigns
February 27th, 2009, 19:54
What the..............!!

So what do you have to do to set up your FS to display this aircraft?

b52bob
February 27th, 2009, 20:09
What the..............!!

So what do you have to do to set up your FS to display this aircraft?

Install it!

CG_1976
February 27th, 2009, 20:21
I think you have to accept a module to load in order to purchase. After trial this is the end result. Contact Abacus Software.

b52bob
February 27th, 2009, 20:29
I think you have to accept a module to load in order to purchase. After trial this is the end result. Contact Abacus Software.

The trial only lasted 30 seconds!

CG_1976
February 27th, 2009, 20:45
I've asked Abacus to send over support to soh and directed them to this thread. Its a odd problem that I have not encountered before.
Update: here is a entry from Abacus Blogs that sound similar to your issue, Hope it helps.
: I am getting a red screen after installing my Premier/Platinum Collection aircraft. How can I fly this aircraft for 7-days or register the plane? A: Our 7-day trial and registration process requires a DLL file. This DLL file is installed with every one of our Premier and Platinum Collection downloads. The red-screen appears when the Flight Simulator is unable to load the DLL.
For FS2004, the file asreg01.DLL is installed into your Flight Simulator \MODULES folder (typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules). Verify that this file is in this folder. If not, uninstall and re-install the aircraft from our site. The User Account Control on Windows Vista may prevent you from installing the file. To avoid this, you can either A) Disable the User Account Control in the Control Panel’s Classic View under User Accounts, or B) save the download from our site to your hard drive, then RIGHT-click the download and choose to run it as an Administrator.
For FSX, a program runs that tells FSX to load the file AbacusPremierCollectionFSX.DLL when FSX starts. FSX reads a file on start-up called DLL.XML. This file contains information that tells FSX which DLL files to load on start-up. The location of this file is different for everyone. The location of the file may be one of the following:
C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR XP USERS NAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX
Or
C:\Users\<YOUR VISTA USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX
C:\Users\<YOUR VISTA USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
As you can see it’s difficult to determine where the file is and sometimes our installation procedure is unable to correctly update the DLL.XML file.
To update the file manually, use Windows Explorer to browse to this folder on your system to locate the DLL.XML file (searching for it sometimes does not work because it is in a ‘hidden’ folder and the search often overlooks these).
If the DLL.XML file already exists, you can open the file with Notepad (try right-clicking the file and choosing Open With, then select Notepad, or ’select program from list’, then select Notepad). When open, insert the following text into the file ABOVE the line the reads:
</SimBase.Document>
Insert this text:
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AbacusPremierCollection</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>AbacusPremierCollectionFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
This tells FSX to load the AbacusPremierCollection.DLL file. Since there isn’t a folder path listed, FSX looks for this file in the FSX’s main folder.
Once the DLL.XML file is updated as noted above, save it. When you run FSX again you’ll be able to use the Premier and/or Platinum Collection aircraft.

<hr>
Q: The DLL.XML file is updated and FSX is loading the AbacusPremierCollectionFSX.DLL file on startup because I was asked if I want to run it, but I still have the red screen. What can I do to fly the plane?
A: If you are STILL getting the red screen, then it’s possible that your system does not have the proper software installed to allow the AbacusPremierCollectionFSX.DLL to run properly.
The AbacusPremierCollectionFSX.DLL file requires SimConnect. SimConnect is another DLL file that is installed with FSX and it’s job is to allow other programs like certain gauges, our Premier Collection DLL, 3WireX from Flight Deck5 and so on to interface and communicate with the Flight Simulator.
The AbacusPremierCollectionFSX.DLL is looking for a specific version of the SimConnect.DLL to be installed on your system. To be more exact, it’s looking for the original version of SimConnect that is installed from the FSX DVDs.
A suggestion from Martin Beck through our Blog was to install the SDKs from the FSX Deluxe DVDs. This is done by browsing the FSX DVD #1 and running the file Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK.MSI from the SDK folder. Once installed, browse the hard drive by opeing My Computer, then opening the C: drive, then double-clicking the following folders:

Program Files
Microsoft Games
Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK
SDK
Core Utilities
SimConnect SDK

Once the SimConnect SDK folder is open, double-click the SIMCONNECT.MSI file found there. This will install or re-install the original version of SimConnect and allow the Premier and Platinum Collection planes to work.

rcbarend
March 1st, 2009, 16:18
Installed the time limited version.
1.Flys nice
2. but looks a little strange!

Assuming you mean their V22 Osprey:

1. Euhhh... No comment :whistle:
2. Yes, it does ...

:ernae:Rob

mfitch
March 2nd, 2009, 17:12
Their "try before you buy" software is known to not work correctly in Vista and with some of the FSX service packs (don't remember now which). They are working on a newer version supposedly.