PDA

View Full Version : Fine/Coarse Adjustment of Heading and other Knob Functions.

StormILM
August 26th, 2020, 21:33
Oddly I have suddenly had a shift in the Fine/Coarse Adjustment of Heading and other Knob Functions from fine incremental to coarse and can't figure out why. It affects all aircraft and I guess I must have accidentally hit something to knock it out of normal parameters. Any ideas?

jmig
August 27th, 2020, 03:58
The heading bug has always moved 10 degrees per click for me.

StormILM
August 27th, 2020, 11:32
The heading bug has always moved 10 degrees per click for me.

Thank you for chiming in. I was afraid of that. I could have sworn the increments were more fine than 10 degrees per mouse wheel click but maybe I am wrong. I did see that you can get the finer adjustments by left clicking either side of the heading/course knob. If you hold the mouse click down, it will run through the degree changes until you let go of the mouse button but you can make the individual adjustments by single clicks. It's a bit of a headache in my opinion which I think they need to adjust.I will bring that up in their forums on the bug/fix list.

Bomber_12th
August 27th, 2020, 11:50
If you use the key commands "Ctrl+Delete" and "Ctrl+Insert" to adjust the heading bug, does it still move in 10-degree increments?

On my end, it is all 1-degree increments in all of the aircraft I've tried, when using either the mouse to turn the knob or the keyboard commands.

StormILM
August 27th, 2020, 11:54
If you use the key commands "Ctrl+Delete" and "Ctrl+Insert" to adjust the heading bug, does it still move in 10-degree increments?

On my end, it is all 1-degree increments in all of the aircraft I've tried, when using either the mouse to turn the knob or the keyboard commands.

I will check into that and report back here.

Update, I can report that those functions are also in 10 degree increments.

StormILM
August 27th, 2020, 13:28
UPDATE! Problem Identified:

Looking at the below thread from FS2020 Offical Forums, it appears there is a Controller Key/Function Mapping/Binding issue (conflict) that is causing the problem. In some cases it occurs with certain controller hardware being bound to the Starter/Magneto controls and or the APU Toggle. However, I saw where any control binding that is momentary or left in a held-on position (when the control switch in the hardware has a neutral/off position) will also cause this problem which is specific to any Airspeed and Heading/Course knob control on the Autopilot Controls (the Altitude and Vertical Speed controls are unaffected). So for now, the issue was identified and there is a simple work around until Asobo gets the issue fixed at some point. What caused my issue was the flaps and landing gear had a neutral/off setting on my TM Warthog Throttle (the flap lever and the two position toggle on the side of my left throttle).

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/coarse-fine-adjustment-on-obs-etc/129739

Bomber_12th
August 27th, 2020, 13:29
Good to hear/glad you found the culprit, Storm!