PDA

View Full Version : Using 3 Monitors

FlyingsCool
August 25th, 2020, 17:57
Hi, I'm using 3 monitors in 5760x1080 mode with nVidia Surround.

In FSX, if I kept the zoom at 1, the stretching on the two side monitors was minimized.

The only thing I really tried was setting the zoom to 1 in the cockpit camera, but that put my face at the front pillars. How are people setting up their camera. And how do you keep that as default? I'd like the zoom at one, but my head as if I'm sitting in the seat, not putting my face out over the instrument panel.

There's so many options my head is spinning.

I'm also not happy about the POV on my Logitech Extreme3D being set to snap view. I liked the way my X-Box controller worked for view control, but I don't want to have to use that controller too at the same time as my throttle, etc.

The camera system may be powerful, but it is not easy to use, and the defaults are, well, not to my liking. If I'm outside, I like spot view we used to have with FSX... I can't figure how to get that either with my Logitech stick.

While we're at it, how do you change the default N-Numbers on the planes... aaggghhh

And how do you set up the autopilot / Flight director in the Cirrus so you don't end up as a lawn dart? aagggghhh

odourboy
August 25th, 2020, 18:23
I 'think' 50% is the eqivalent of fsx zoom at 1. I put enabled camera translation controls for the cockpit so I could move the eye point around manually and save cockpit views. (Cntl+alt+0-9 to save and alt+0-9 to select). I noticed that you're limited as to how far up and, side to side and forward and backward you can go (track ir let's you exceed those limits somewhat) which is part of why i think 50% is equivalent to '1'.