PDA

View Full Version : "How to get MORE FPS in Flight Simulator 2020 - EASY!"

CybrSlydr
August 25th, 2020, 13:16
One of my favorite YouTubers put this video out and figured I'd share with you folks to try and help out your experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVhyOZaUcU

ColoKent
August 25th, 2020, 14:42
At first blush...these appear to help a bit. GREAT resource!

Kent

jmig
August 25th, 2020, 15:06
I am cool with 40-50 FPS in default High. I will try and leave well enough alone with this sim....at least for a month or so. :biggrin-new:

StormILM
August 25th, 2020, 16:02
My system can manage 4k res at 30+ FPS solid in the NYC scenery all day long flying the Airbus. There are no micro stutters at all with some FPS running up to nearly 40 FPS. I tried those settings staying at 4k, didn't see any improvement, actually saw a loss of 5FPS average using the suggested NVIDIA setting changes. Right now I am comfortable with the performance I am getting in the high density areas. It will be very interesting to see how the forthcoming addon aircraft do on my rig.

XLR8
August 25th, 2020, 18:17
That brings back lots of memories with FSX.

Tom Clayton
August 25th, 2020, 20:13
Haven't watched this yet - late here in NC... But - with my rig not being anywhere near what he's running, I was getting a decent amount of stutters. I did a test by flying from JFK out over Manhattan and past the WTC. On Medium global settings, I was doing good to get 15 FPS. I pulled that setting back to Low-End and my frames in the next test jumped up to 25 in the same run. I'll play around more tomorrow, but with as little difference as there is in the visuals (biggest difference is how far out scenery is drawn), I'm happy with what I have now. I still need to test with weather, since clouds seem to be a major hit. More later...

warchild
August 26th, 2020, 05:26
I think Jay stopped building machines for real people a couple years ago. The same goes for Linus, but his suggestions are good. I just wish I knew that if I made these changes it would help. I cant go just on FPS, because for some reason, all my hardware is running at full bore and stuff flies through at incredible speeds not covered by FPS. I fly a plane and its smooth as silk, even over Tokyo. I add Minecraft and firefox to the load, it's still smooth as silk and I throw in bandicam and record my flight. Not a single glitch. Reported FPS?? 35 - 40. I can hope these setting work, but frankly, I'm a little scared of this monster I created..

UnknownGuest12
August 26th, 2020, 05:46
Quite happy, NYC with my reliable, old 1080, all ultra, getting between 20 to 41 FPS. Smooth. Most of sceneries and planes (not jets) average 50 to 60. A surprise to me. Never expected that....Lisbon scenery, very disappointing

Tom Clayton
August 26th, 2020, 18:06
I think I found the answer to most of my stutters. Just avoid the Garmins... I was getting 8-10 frames flying over the southern tip of Florida today in the G36. I restarted the flight with the steam-powered Cessna, and got consistent mid twenties.