PDA

View Full Version : In the Beginning...

N2056
February 27th, 2009, 18:48
My brother found this...it is an Apple II emulator that has the ORIGINAL Flight Simulator. You use the keyboard, "G" centers controls, "T"=down, "B"=up...you can figure out the rest. Left & Right arrow for throttle.

The next time you get unhappy about anything to do with FSX go and play with this. Back in the day I could not get enough of it, which makes me really appreciate where we are now!

http://www.virtualapple.org/flightsimulatordisk.html

Have Fun! :d

harleyman
February 27th, 2009, 18:57
I saw nothing......:gossip:

Was I susposed to do something? Just saw a big tan center empty...

N2056
February 27th, 2009, 19:01
I think it uses Java...do you have it enabled?
I just restarted my browser and tried it...worked ok here.

harleyman
February 27th, 2009, 19:11
Ok...Thanks...

I disable all my browser addons...And I always forget that I do..

Thanks....:applause:

Boomer
February 27th, 2009, 19:19
OH MY GOD!

That nearly made my eyes bleed!!!

I remember those days all to well. Spend 20+ hrs a day on my C64.

Is it me or does it seems like the early computer games were much better than they are now? They didnt have the graphics to wow us with so they used content instead.

Craig Taylor
February 27th, 2009, 19:40
I remember flying this on a Kaypro, using a screen about the size of my watch face. Yikes!

crashaz
February 27th, 2009, 21:05
I see Apple has not made much progress in 30 years in the area of flight simulation. :karate:

N2056
February 27th, 2009, 21:47
It is a look into the past...this is what was state of the art about 25+ years ago :d

It is in no way a statement regarding Apple...heck, I am starting to look at an Apple for my next machine. I need to compare cost/features in terms of build or buy...

fsafranek
February 27th, 2009, 21:52
I recognise that one. But things were a bit more sophisticated by the time I got involved with FS4.
Amazing when you think about how it has evolved from those extremely humble beginnings.
:ernae:

txnetcop
February 28th, 2009, 00:29
Wow Robert, that brought back some memories. I played that on an Apple IIc and Commodore Vic 20 long before I got the Commodore 128 and it had become a bit more sophisticated. I also remember it didn't look much better on the IBM Jr with DOS 2.2. I would spend hours on it. Eventually decided to do something about it and became a beta tester for Sublogic. Ol' Bruce was a genius-remember GATO?

You are right though, every time I think about what we don't have in flight simulation to be more realistic, it helps to look back.
Ted

guzler
February 28th, 2009, 00:52
Just found this, used to love it on my C64 - yes a full 64 k of ram !!!

http://www.zzap64.co.uk/c64/gow2.html

limjack
February 28th, 2009, 16:29
Man, my favorite game then was Lunar lander with the C64. Didn't have to feed my quarters into the video game machine down at the local 7 eleven store.

Jim

hinch
February 28th, 2009, 16:49
It is in no way a statement regarding Apple...heck, I am starting to look at an Apple for my next machine. I need to compare cost/features in terms of build or buy...

They're currently charging an extra £210 for a silver paint job and keyboard made of the sort of plastic found in chocolate boxes. The standard white Macbook of last year has is exactly the same specification so rather than being 'The next generation' as advertised it very much isn't.

A woman also keeps asking if I want to pay £80 for 'Snow Leopard' AKA. 'A Patch' because the 'Hundreds of new features' were new several years ago.

I very much like Apples Computers - when they're working - but I really dislike the company right now, they're really irritating!

Back on topic... the emulator is fun :wiggle: