PDA

View Full Version : Fstramp

Spook48
August 23rd, 2020, 01:25
I have been using this since it was called fsnav.
Seems to be updated for MSFS now.

http://www.fstramp.com/

FlyingsCool
August 23rd, 2020, 06:32
What does it do?

Spook48
August 23rd, 2020, 06:45
Its a moving map displaying all airports , navaids and ai.

RoughLandings
August 23rd, 2020, 06:52
Interesting, it sounds like it may run outside of the flight simulator environment entirely.

Extensions in version 8.4:

This version is also compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator 11 (FS2020). In contrast to all other variants of FSTramp, the >FSTramp for MSFS11< app must be started manually. It is located in the Windows Start menu - FSTramp.

falcon409
August 23rd, 2020, 07:59
Interesting, it sounds like it may run outside of the flight simulator environment entirely.
Yes it does. Started out with FS9 as FSNavigator and was considered by many as the best navigational utility available. . .and it was free. When FSX came along it wasn't updated and disappeared for a long time, then several years ago it reappeared as FSTramp with most of the original functions with one exception. . .the flight planner. It was still free but it took another year or so of minor updates before he finally added the final touch and the flight planner was available. With that addition he decided to start charging a yearly fee which I took exception to, he told me what I could do with my "exception", lol and I dropped it and went to Little Nav Map which I still use and seems to do everything that FSTramp does (and it's free).

Spook48
August 23rd, 2020, 09:10
Yeah , that sums it up quite right , Falcon.

It has a 20 flights trail period and i gave it a try.
It still is a very nice program but it suffers under the simconnect bug.
It leads to stuttering and a drop in the frame rate so i dropped it for now.