PDA

View Full Version : After Purchase from Microsoft Store , Installation ?

Crusader
August 22nd, 2020, 13:03
After purchase from Microsoft Store and download complete does the installation start automatically from the store and does it give the option during installation of putting it in a different drive ? I hope so because I installed an SSD specifically for MS2020 and I had one hell of a time for this 72 y/o getting that tiny little screw on the one end of the SSD screwed in after plugging it in the M-2 slot ! LOL
Sorry if this has been covered before . Want to make sure I have all of my ducks in order before I pull the trigger and start my download after purchase.

Rich

ceo1944
August 22nd, 2020, 13:08
After purchase from Microsoft Store and download complete does the installation start automatically from the store and does it give the option during installation of putting it in a different drive ? I hope so because I installed an SSD specifically for MS2020 and I had one hell of a time for this 72 y/o getting that tiny little screw on the one end of the SSD screwed in after plugging it in the M-2 slot ! LOL
Sorry if this has been covered before . Want to make sure I have all of my ducks in order before I pull the trigger and start my download after purchase.

Rich

Yes, once the download is complete you will get the chance to select a drive and folder to place the simulator into.

Some other things to watch for:

- Be sure your Windows 10 is at update 2004. Check Settings>System>About and look for Version.
- Be sure you have created or accessed your Xbox Live account. Settings> Accounts>"Manage my Microsoft Account" ... A browser will open, click on "Services & Subscriptions".

Dutch

Crusader
August 22nd, 2020, 13:13
Yes, once the download is complete you will get the chance to select a drive and folder to place the simulator into.

Dutch

Thanks Dutch for your quick reply ! Might have to drink a few beers while this downloads . Appreciate the extra tips too .

Rich

Priller
August 22nd, 2020, 23:58
Downloading myself but through Steam. That damn music!!!

Priller

b52bob
August 23rd, 2020, 06:19
Downloading myself but through Steam. That damn music!!!

Priller
Let us know if you can put the sim in another drive with stream. My c: drive I like to keep rather empty.

FlyingsCool
August 23rd, 2020, 06:44
Yes, you can put it on another drive.
I purchased from MS Store (not Steam).

It first asks you what drive to put it on when you start the install. I chose my D: drive. This downloads a couple of GB's and takes a few minutes. It says MSFS is loaded (but it's not, I think this is just the installer).
Then it asks again, and gives you the C: drive. Again, I browsed and chose a directory on my D: drive (way deep in the WpSystems directory based on some vague post I read somewhere; I wish I had just created a D:\MSFS directory). Everything installed on my D: drive (a 1TB Rocket SSD).

Priller
August 23rd, 2020, 08:29
Let us know if you can put the sim in another drive with stream. My c: drive I like to keep rather empty.

Yes we can! Just before download, the install location is proposed, and you can change that!

This is getting better and better!

The only thing I need to do now is get me a new HOTAS set, because my lowly Logitch Attack 3 isn't recognized.

Priller