PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where the personal cfg/ini files are?

jmig
August 22nd, 2020, 13:00
I, for the life of me cannot find where MSFS saves your personal prefs. There must be an ini or cfg file that I can edit. I found lots of cfg files in the "official" files but nothing that seems to be a saved preferences file.

I am hopping that I can edit the controls file manually. The set up MS built into the sim sucks big time. It is so inefficient and cumbersome. If I lose my setup and have to do it all over I will be....how do you spell PISSED.

Javis
August 22nd, 2020, 20:44
I, for the life of me cannot find where MSFS saves your personal prefs. There must be an ini or cfg file that I can edit. I found lots of cfg files in the "official" files but nothing that seems to be a saved preferences file.

I am hopping that I can edit the controls file manually. The set up MS built into the sim sucks big time. It is so inefficient and cumbersome. If I lose my setup and have to do it all over I will be....how do you spell PISSED.

John, there's a 'UserCFG' file in C: Users/YourName/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator. Also your saveflight files are stored there, camera,cfg, msfs.cfg etc and so on. Maybe that's what you're looking for ?

jmig
August 23rd, 2020, 05:30
John, there's a 'UserCFG' file in C: Users/YourName/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator. Also your saveflight files are stored there, camera,cfg, msfs.cfg etc and so on. Maybe that's what you're looking for ?

Thanks! I bet that is it.

UnknownGuest12
August 23rd, 2020, 09:27
Funny...or not...you´re not alone jmig
Only files related to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that I bought on their store, installed and working perfectly, are "Community" with 0 bytes and "Official" with 100 GB. On drive "D" that I choose to install. And an icon in "Start/all programs" that I have to copy to desktop to launch it. Made a complete search, hidden folders, hidden system folders, the works, unable to find anything else related. They must be somewhere else, wonder where...Microsoft servers?

jmig
August 23rd, 2020, 10:10
Beaufighter
Funny...or not...you´re not alone jmig
Only files related to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that I bought on their store, installed and working perfectly, are "Community" with 0 bytes and "Official" with 100 GB. On drive "D" that I choose to install. And an icon in "Start/all programs" that I have to copy to desktop to launch it. Made a complete search, hidden folders, hidden system folders, the works, unable to find anything else related. They must be somewhere else, wonder where...Microsoft servers?

I bet MS figures old men like us don't have a need to know. We might break something.

mgr
August 23rd, 2020, 10:53
[/INDENT]I bet MS figures old men like us don't have a need to know. We might break something.

It's there... ;-) In the location/disk you entered before installing/downloading

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78437&stc=1

Marcel

UnknownGuest12
August 23rd, 2020, 16:38
Found it (Thanks Marcel) just out of curiosity, not going to change anything even if I knew how. And no .cfg
It´s very well hidden on my SSD Drive D/WpSystem/S-1-5-21-84179954-2216626312-3787592596-1001/AppData/Local/Packages
Regards, Stay Safe