PDA

View Full Version : Couple of issues

centuryseries
August 21st, 2020, 12:54
Does anyone else find they have to click on a menu option twice, eg the menu while flying, to make it do what you want. Sometimes it works, other times you have to click twice. Quite annoying if on approach and you need a hand on the throttle and the other on the stick while trying to close the menu with the mouse!

Also, tonight while flying the 747 I was fine for half an hour and then without pressing any buttons as far as I am aware, my throttle inputs were ignored and the engines could not be spooled down. I check the assists and AI flying the plane was turned off. So I couldn't land - it was not slowing down below 400 knots since the engines were nearly at full thrust.

Perhaps it's a feature and I've missed something.......somewhere.

Mach3DS
August 21st, 2020, 14:55
Does anyone else find they have to click on a menu option twice, eg the menu while flying, to make it do what you want. Sometimes it works, other times you have to click twice. Quite annoying if on approach and you need a hand on the throttle and the other on the stick while trying to close the menu with the mouse!

Also, tonight while flying the 747 I was fine for half an hour and then without pressing any buttons as far as I am aware, my throttle inputs were ignored and the engines could not be spooled down. I check the assists and AI flying the plane was turned off. So I couldn't land - it was not slowing down below 400 knots since the engines were nearly at full thrust.

Perhaps it's a feature and I've missed something.......somewhere.

Maybe Active pause was on? everything runs accept your motion. So sounds etc. are all going. including the world around you. Maybe you accidentally hit that momentarily? I was going to recommend active pause for helping you out in those moments.

centuryseries
August 22nd, 2020, 07:52
Maybe Active pause was on? everything runs accept your motion. So sounds etc. are all going. including the world around you. Maybe you accidentally hit that momentarily? I was going to recommend active pause for helping you out in those moments.

Hi Rick,

Active pause was definitely not on, but I should use that when it happens again rather than fumbling around and eventually crashing!