PDA

View Full Version : Ordering new systems/enhancing existing system performance

ColoKent
August 21st, 2020, 12:50
All,

Talked to one of the great gents at Jetline Systems today (was toying with the idea of getting a new Jetline setup due to my current system's performance). Got lots of GREAT info from one of their folks. Here were his main points:
- Hold off on ordering a new system until NVidia releases their new generation of GPUs in 10 days (that reinforces the point that has been mentioned numerous times on this board) - he suggested a new gen GPU would likely keep my existing system (i7-6700K, 4.0 Mhz, 32 GB 3000 ms RAM) in the game for the near future.
- He confirmed that unlike FSX and P3D, which are largely processor-dependent, FS2020 is much more GPU-dependent, vs. processor dependent
- He politely encouraged me to "cool my jets" and in the meantime, try dialing my settings down to "MEDIUM". He added that I would get a big performance boost, and the scenery and airplanes would still look good. He was right-- my performance is now very acceptable...and the visuals didn't take a very big hit, either!

Love the guys at Jetline. They are honest, don't play sales games...and as a result, I will buy from them again when I am ready to upgrade.

Kent