PDA

View Full Version : Keflavik CTD

ColoKent
August 21st, 2020, 12:35
After reading of John's experience in Iceland, I decided to boldly go where at least one other man had gone before. Took off out of Reykjavik, turned left across the bay...and got up to 3,000 feet in the TBM....and commenced a visual approach into Keflavik...when I was passing through about 800 feet AGL, and I was about a mile from the threshold...FS froze for perhaps 5 seconds, then closed abruptly.

Interesting...wonder what happened?

Kent

Bomber_12th
August 21st, 2020, 12:41
I've been getting those pauses as well, sometimes leading to a CTD. Reading the MSFS forums this is a wide-reported problem so it should be addressed hopefully in the next update. The release date for the first update is supposed to be announced on Thursday this coming week.

odourboy
August 21st, 2020, 14:04
No CTDs here yet, but two 45 second freezes after switching drone camera to cockpit views. Remarkably stable considering.

Bomber_12th
August 22nd, 2020, 09:33
I think I've fixed the sporadic freezing (sometimes resulting in CTD's) I was getting by reinstalling the latest Nvidia drivers again.

Also, with regard to the Keflavik CTD, there is a thread on the MSFS forums in which everyone who has tried flying in/out of there gets a CTD, so it is a problem with the sim in that location right now and has been reported a lot to Zendesk.