PDA

View Full Version : Question about purchase

Priller
August 21st, 2020, 09:33
Hi People,

I'm wondering here before I make my purchase myself: where have you bought your MSFS? Through wat channel? Steam? from Microsoft?

I'm really curious about this, because before I splash 120 $, I like to know the best channel.

Thanks for the replies!

Priller

Spook48
August 21st, 2020, 09:50
Guess i,m not much help here .
I bought the boxed version.:wiggle:

Priller
August 21st, 2020, 09:52
Guess i,m not much help here .
I bought the boxed version.:wiggle:

There is a boxed version??? So you ARE of help!! Thanks!!

Priller

FlyingsCool
August 21st, 2020, 11:23
Only in Europe... But I think that's about right for you... I'd look it up, though, Quite a few disks....

Spook48
August 21st, 2020, 11:58
https://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-hardware-microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe.phtml

Priller
August 21st, 2020, 13:17
Thanks guys!

I'm actually waiting for the users to report on their experiences with the different channels.

Cheers,

Priller

ceo1944
August 21st, 2020, 13:56
Thanks guys!

I'm actually waiting for the users to report on their experiences with the different channels.

Cheers,

Priller

I pre-ordered mine through the Microsoft store, and had almost no problem with it, except for a couple of restarts needed to get the initial download to start.

After that it was smooth sailing. I think the trouble I had was due to me and thousands of others starting downloads at midnight on 8/20! Things are not so jammed now.

Dutch

PRB
August 21st, 2020, 13:59
I asked this very same question here a couple days ago, lol. I was wondering if there was any advantage, one way or the other. Since I already had steam installed (for FSX) I went that way. I like the steam program. It has a good user interface. Easy to find stuff and buy stuff, and the FSX experience was good. I have no other data to support my decision!

Priller
August 21st, 2020, 14:36
Thanks guys! Another reason I asked the question is what happens to purchases through the M$ store. If I have a crash and have to reinstall, or if I buy a new rig: will I have to buy the thing again?

Priller

Dangerousdave26
August 21st, 2020, 14:52
Buy the box set version and save yourself about 90GB of download.

The program is going to update itself automatically so it will still be up to date.

And if I could I would have already bought it.

manfredc3
August 21st, 2020, 18:59
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know your purchase on the "Store" is linked to your Microsoft/Xbox account.

So, if you have to re-install, say on a new built PC, you would log into your Microsoft/Xbox account, and download from there. This is similar to Steam.

Only reason I purchased through Microsoft Store instead of Steam is that I have access to any updates right away.