PDA

View Full Version : Flap Control Assignment

IanHenry
August 20th, 2020, 07:40
Has anyone else had difficulties assigning their joystick controls for the flaps? There are numerous confusing options for flap controls in the menu bur when I assign one too the flaps switches on my Thrustmaster Warthog the only thing I'm getting is full up or full down (I've tried all the options):banghead:

I'm not finding setting up the control's very intuitive.

Bomber_12th
August 20th, 2020, 08:04
The ones that work for incremental flap settings is "Increase Flaps" and "Decrease Flaps".

Note too that when you're in the controller/key binding options, there are three different categories to choose from - "All", which will shows all of the available key/axis functions, "Essential", which only shows the most basic/essential key/axis functions, and "Assigned", which only shows the key/axis functions that are already mapped to your controller

IanHenry
August 20th, 2020, 08:22
Thanks Bomber, I'm sure that I tried those before, but I'll give them another try when I re-start the program.

Bomber_12th
August 20th, 2020, 08:27
To follow-up a bit further, if you select the "Essentials" category under Filter, the only key functions that will be available to control the wing flaps are the two that you'll want to use - "Decrease Flaps" and "Increase Flaps" (listed under Flight Control Surfaces/Secondary Control Surfaces).

IanHenry
August 20th, 2020, 09:51
Bomber, I assigned the controls as you suggested and I've still got the same problem, I can only have flaps full down or full up, nothing in between.

Spook48
August 20th, 2020, 11:14
Maybe something in the way its configured in the joystick software itself ?
Like sticky buttons.

pbearsailor
August 20th, 2020, 16:06
The beta for FSUIPC 7 is available: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/90193-fsuipc7-beta-for-msfs/?tab=comments#comment-546085

Just installed and it allows me to set the slider axis as my flaps, just like I can in P3D.

cheers
steve :wavey:

Tom Clayton
August 20th, 2020, 20:01
The beta for FSUIPC 7 is available: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/90193-fsuipc7-beta-for-msfs/?tab=comments#comment-546085

Just installed and it allows me to set the slider axis as my flaps, just like I can in P3D.

cheers
steve :wavey:
Do you know if you can set the spoilers that way? I had mine set to a slider on my X52 back in the FS9 days, and it was really nice for controlling descent speeds in jets.

DennyA
August 20th, 2020, 20:07
Do you know if you can set the spoilers that way? I had mine set to a slider on my X52 back in the FS9 days, and it was really nice for controlling descent speeds in jets.
I've got the spoilers on my T.16000m stick slider, no FSUIPC needed.

SkippyBing
August 20th, 2020, 23:02

That's exactly what I've done, was easier once I figured out if you click in the Search by Key box it would assign whichever control you moved....

jmig
August 21st, 2020, 04:59
I have had to turn off FSUIPC7, at least for the time being. It dragged my FPS down to where aircraft control was very difficult to impossible. I read that evidently sim-connect isn't working well in MSFS at the moment.

Dangerous Beans
August 21st, 2020, 11:06
I have had to turn off FSUIPC7, at least for the time being. It dragged my FPS down to where aircraft control was very difficult to impossible. I read that evidently sim-connect isn't working well in MSFS at the moment.

Thanks jmig, good to know.
I'd downloaded FSUIPC but haven't installed it yet, I'll hold off on it for now.